favorite newer crust bands? | Squat the Planet

favorite newer crust bands?

Primitive

Reaction score
Id have to say instinct of survival and swordwielder seem pretty unmatched. Some amazing shit comin out these days, lets see who's actually into crust here and keeps up. What are your favorite newer crust bands?

Durp

Reaction score
Disfear has an albums that came out in 2013, wolfbirgade has a few albums in the 2000s I believe, and I mis understood this as what crust bands have put out albums lately, and well doom is doom so fuck off hahaha jk. You said the two that came to my mind, so patiently awaiting more responses to learn some new bands.

Primitive

Reaction score
Well yeah they're all active bands but not new bands. Lol and i pretty much consider wolfpack and wolfbrigade the same band. I guess ill name some more of my favorite newer ones however:

Hellshock
After the bombs
Antimaster
Deadly reign
Krang
War//plague
Outlaw bastards
Guided cradle
Contagium
Visions of war
Parasytic
Hellstorm
Stormcrow

Reactions: Durp

Primitive

Reaction score
But like i said i think instinct of survival and swordwielder truly top the list in my opinion. Swordwielder bieng pure axegrinder worship at its best, and instinct of survival are just too good to compare, obviously heavy early hellbastard, deviated instinct, and antisect - out from the void ep influence.

Durp

Reaction score
its funny, all the crust I know hang out with the deathmetal/ black metal crowd and hippies more then other factions of the punk scene. I guess there is solidarity in social activism...

Primitive

Reaction score
Well you've got all these new kids who are all elitist about "raw punk", saying crust sounds too "metal", but at the same time lots of metalheads are getting more into crust, particularly of the stenchcore variety. But especially since bands like darkthrone started trying to play crust, the rise of cascadian black metal and rabm, as well as crusty black metal which started with iskra, it seems to be dividing from the punk scene into metal scene. Which could be good or bad, im not sure yet. The apolitical nihilist mentality of the metal scene could water down the whole purpose and meaning of crust, or it could spread more anarchist thinking into the metal scene.

Durp

Reaction score
Anyone want to join my crustie supremecy movement? We will spread feral indiffernce thru the acts of re-wilding. The end goal you ask? Crust world order! That's all for now, in god we crust!

Reactions: Primitive

Primitive

Reaction score
One thing should be the binding factor however between crust and the punk scene in general... something that no one in american punk scene hardly seems to want to aknowlege or care about anymore and thats anarcho-punk.

Durp

Reaction score
I came from the cleveland metal scene, and was tired if songs about suicide or wizards and wanted to express more of my political agenda thru music. I think a lot of metal heads will stay weird geeks in there parents basements ( or the dungeon if you prefer) and anarchy is quickly spreading thru the vanes of metal. Altho most of the newer metal is total shit. Some good stuff but a lot of garbage. And anarcho punk is legit.

Reactions: Primitive

Primitive

Reaction score
But then again you're starting to see a split in movements as far as traditional/classic/industrial anarchism vs green anarchism/primitivism. Maybe everythings just naturally evolving into what would hopefully be a better nest as far as the two are concerned.

Primitive

Reaction score
Hells headbangers records and midnight are based out of cleveland! Can never get enough of listening to midnight, saw em in austin texas at chaos in tejas and got hit in the head with the end of their guitar haha!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads