Fastest/cheapest/safest way through Mexico.

biometreker

Reaction score
In about a week i will set off on a new adventure. and im planning on meeting up with someone to head south with. im in Virginia now. and im meeting him in El Paso,tx. from there we are going south as far as we can go...or thats my plan anyway. my question is: What is the Fastest way to get through Mexico to Belize. ? anyone have any experience that could help? I am aiming to do this via hitchhiking. train hopping, and long distance backpacking. maybe public train if it is REALLY cheap.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
I travelled around Mexico using Coaches. They were pretty cheap (this was 10 years ago!) but you can travel massive distances, safely and easily. just an idea. have an amazing trip.

buckkwheat

Reaction score
Starting in Tijuana I got to Mexico City in 4 days. Google major highways in Mexico. Catch a ride with a trucker going to Mexico City or Guadalajara. If you end up in D.F don't waste your time hitching, pay for a bus a little ways south out of the city. All the truckers we met were hella good people, just wanted company. They bought us food and we made conversation to keep them awake on the road. Have fun XD

• Useful
Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads