Far enough wasn't far enough

almond

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone.
I sort of suck at introductions. Weird people are difficult to explain when you can't just watch them being weird and draw your own conclusions... but I'm guessing the lot of you already sort of get that sentiment. Anyway my story is pretty normal. Flashback a few years and I was a stoner doing nothing in my moms, then I got a GED went to college for someodd semesters purely so i could save up a couple of loans and grants and get the hell out of my rut. After some ins and outs I accidentally ended up quiting school to work full time in a hostel. Finally got to Europe, spent all my money as fast as I could and accidentally ended up as a hobo living in a tent hitching across several countries and getting stuck in the desert in Spain for a while before finally going to visit the family. Rinsed and repeated, went back to work, blew the money on some really good acid and some really fucking beautiful good times with good friends. Hobo hobo hobo and I finally got talked into coming home to visit the family again.
Now I've been back in Florida a few weeks (maybe... eh... 6) and it's finally dawned on me that I have to start from scratch. I quit my job before leaving to travel the last time, resigned from college and can't seem to bully myself into signing back in. So I've got no money and no responsibilities and I'm looking to get on the road again. Thinking north to west to south, hitching. I don't like hitching alone though (mostly because, after being stuck for a few days delirious in a desert without any rides I realized, most definitely, that the only thing saving me was the person reading poems to me from the other side of a tiny campfire) so I guess I'm here mostly in search of a travel partner. Or just some good inspiration vibes because realistically the worst part of being home is people telling me how dangerous and impossible my hobo ideas are, and telling me to get a job instead.
Anyway, get in touch.

jacobhobbs

Reaction score
I am currently in Tallahassee and looking for a way out. The shelter people here are not travelers like me, but instead wish to live their lives out in a dog pound of a shelter. hit me back and let me know if i would fit the bill of your traveling partner. you can see me on FaceBook just type in Jacob Hobbs

jackie

Reaction score
I'm in lakeland and looking to get out and travel asap. train hopping is good too, ever tried it? Everyone here wants me to go back to school, get a job, be miserable like them, etc. and I'm just not down for that. I'm pretty relaxed, though strange. If you wanna exchange some messages and stuff let me know. I dont do facebook, just another way to be watched.

almond

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, as it turns out I stuck around here too long and got roped into staying a little longer. Now I gotta' stay where I am until after the 5th of October.
Maybe you two could work somethin out between yourselves if you're lookin to get on the road sooner than that.

jackie

Reaction score
I may have to stick around for a while to get up enough cash to put together a supply kit. If I'm still around when you're ready to leave we can maybe work something out. Any idea where you want to go?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads