Excited to get back out there! | Squat the Planet

Excited to get back out there!

SiCK cada

Reaction score
My travels started a few months ago, back in mid march. I drove to Las Vegas and the slabs and had an amazing time (I'll have to tell the story about all of that another time). Over the following several months I went to various places in Florida, Missouri, and then Dallas working as a carnie.

now I'm getting ready to start my 3rd (4th? 5? idk) adventure. I've gotten a plane ticket to El Centro, CA, and I'm gonna take a bus from there to niland, and then walk to slab city. I plan on being there until January. I got another plane ticket from El Centro to West Palm Beach, Florida. Then I'm gonna meet my mom there and we're gonna take a cruise from west palm to the Bahamas. For the first few days, I'm gonna be at a resort with my mom, but then after that, I'll either stay in the bahamas and bum it around there for a bit, or I'll get back on the cruise and go back home.

Hopefully I'll be able to sleep rough in The Bahamas without too much issue. I'm also thinking maybe it'd be nice to get a job. I like to try and get as much savings as possible while I can. but I also think it'd be nice to just not work for a little bit.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: Bibs

ali

Reaction score
Good luck! I am very interested in how you get by in the Bahamas. I have a friend i haven't seen in years who refuses to travel anywhere unless it is a resort and i think it'd be neat to meet up with her and enjoy a bunch of free drinks round Christmas before heading out to wherever-we-are to explore it the way i like to travel. I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to bum around there a bit. Even better would be to find a way to sail round from island to island.

• Love It
Reactions: SiCK cada

SiCK cada

Reaction score
Good luck! I am very interested in how you get by in the Bahamas. I have a friend i haven't seen in years who refuses to travel anywhere unless it is a resort and i think it'd be neat to meet up with her and enjoy a bunch of free drinks round Christmas before heading out to wherever-we-are to explore it the way i like to travel. I've never been to the Caribbean and would love to bum around there a bit. Even better would be to find a way to sail round from island to island.
I was thinking if I could find a nice boat for cheap enough or maybe someone with a boat already who would let me learn from them, I would like to start sailing. I'd rather have someone else sailing with me, though. sailing alone sounds a bit too dangerous to me, especially since I've never sailed before. I'm excited to get out there and see what happens tho!

Reactions: ali

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads