Everything you need for 1st edition dungeons and dragons (1 Viewer)

D

deleted user

I deleted myself
I figure someone would appreciate this.
As long as you have dice (which they sell sets at any hobby store), something to read pdfs, paper, and a place to sit you got a game.

MODERATOR EDIT (5/30/2018): for those too lazy to go through this whole thread, most of the stuff in these links can be found at https://rpg.rem.uz/ it's probably the largest collection of these materials on the internet.

http://gobbi.free.fr/
click on scenarii TSR for modules. Every TSR manual is there

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/fe/#FEAD13
their are some fan made ones here, their not too bad.

http://idiscepolidellamanticora.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/tsr2010-players-handbook.pdf
Players handbook

http://archmagev.com/1st_Ed/Rulebooks/AD&D 1st - 2009 - Monster Manual.pdf
Moster manual

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/gaming_and_diversion/AD&D/AD&D 1st Edition - Unearthed Arcana.pdf
Unearthed arcana

http://shichitenhakki.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/unearthedarcana.pdf
another unearthed arcana book

There is also Deities & Demigods and Fiend Folio but i can't find pdfs for them.
Honestly all you need is the players handbook, the first monster manual and the DMs guide and modules. Dm's guide and the second moster manual are the two attachments.
Enjoy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
OP
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
the links can be a pain in the ass btw, but the books are their. Maybe it was just my computer that had a hard time opening them.

cpritcha76

Lurker
Thanks so much for these! My boys have asked to try out D&D, and the first edition should be a good place to have them test it out.

Current Location
Ice Coast
Freaking Awesome, thank you so much! I have been following this D&D group on facebook for a month or so, and they started posting about their all time favorite module. I haven't played since 1983 mine is Keep on the borderlands! its the one that I recall playing the most with new characters.

Last edited:

Dame Genvieve

Lurker
Current Location
paris
2 days of searching the net for pdfs of these books and I finally found them
Thanks so much! I'm going to be putting together a game soon on IRC and of course there's an open invite for everyone here. (Especially the op for posting the books !)

Now all I need to find now is
1) Player's Guide to the Dragonlance Campaign
2) Ssome dice or a program that will generate the die rolls.

OP
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
I love boarderlands! You guys are welcome i knew someone would enjoy this, and whats irc? also dice generators usually suck at least as far as the ones iv found.

Current Location
South Korea
TY.... I just spent hours trying to find the DMG... I have a huge library of game books but my lappy crashed with no backup and some files were lost from the recovery process. This pretty much does me... and yes, it opens fine on my system.

OP
R

Rob Broad

I deleted myself
Thank you for the links.

Got most to work except the link to the modules. I couldn't find where it says scenarii

OP
A

AnOldHope

I deleted myself
It's cool the old dice games are being preserved online. I used to have the original boxed set for R Talsorian's "Cyberpunk 2013" with the "Friday Night Firefight" combat system, I wish I'd kept it.

I also notice it's 2017 and I think we're still a bit further out on the chrome limbs...

Current Location
New York
@stukovthetuna:
Fantastic!!! Thank you for these!!! I've been searching for MM 2 91st ed), for quite a while now!
I hope to be uploading some of my stuff soon, so you can have! ::drinkingbuddy::

Current Location
New York
@stukovthetuna
"...There is also Deities & Demigods and Fiend Folio but i can't find pdfs for them.
Honestly all you need is the players handbook, the first monster manual and the DMs guide and modules. Dm's guide and the second moster manual are the two attachments.
Enjoy..."
Here's Fiend Folio, and Deities and Demigods (1979 edition):

Attachments

OP
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
@James Maarsten
Yo thats awesome really really appreciate this, i needed deities and demigods. Thanks ::woot::
What's your stuff? You create modules?

Current Location
New York
@James Maarsten
Yo thats awesome really really appreciate this, i needed deities and demigods. Thanks ::woot::
What's your stuff? You create modules?
Howdy:
I'm mostly a GURPS-person, but I'll mix/match GURPS Fantasy with all (almost) editions of AD&D. I just select best of each; that's what GURPS was originally designed for.
As for Adventures (Modules), sadly no. If I can't get to a game, or no one wants to play, I usually write a fiction series. I haven't published yet.

Are you ready for a resource giving you ALL The old Dragon Magazines? ::woot::
Here:
https://annarchive.com/dragon.html
Enjoly! ::drinkingbuddy::

Last edited:
OP
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
Thats excellent, and gurps looks great, never heard of it till now. Always stuck with AD&D out of familiarity, but have always wanted to try other table tops.

Current Location
New York
Oooh! My friend you are in for a treat! GURPS is some of the best worldbooks written, and the coolest system for Character Generation that lets you have nearly EVERYTHING you could want! Only so long as you stay within point-limits. I'll explain that later!
It's Combat system can be good, or a pain depending on what you're doing. I find it works really good. If there's one downside to GURPS it's that the artwork covers/interiours usually suck!
They've made some progress in recent years with the 4th edition, but still undermarketed, and thus they suffer.
Gimmie some time to locate some uploads for you all.

OP
D

deleted user

I deleted myself
That would be awesome thanks for adding to this thread, ive been rifling threw ANNARCHIVE for hours. Holy shit is it outstanding, made my morning. You should make a whole new thread on GURPS. STP can always use more threads on tabletop games and entertainment for the road.

Current Location
New York
I got pdf's of all of the D&D 5th edition and Numenera if anyone is interested. I'll throw them up on google drive or dropbox for anyone to take a look at.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zwsCtAQlqcDopUGwmZI8_TrHjN_cRfoP?usp=sharing
Hey! thank you very much for this! I'm gonna' be looking at them later. In the mean time, I've two more contributions: AD&D 3rd Ed Expanded Psionics, AD&D 3rd Ed Psionic Artifacts of Athos, AD&D 3rd Ed Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium, AD&D 3rd Ed Magic Items Compendium, and AD&D 1st Ed Oriental Adventures!
Enjoy!

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Damn sore riding my bicycle over 60 some miles Sunday! Laid in my tent all day Monday resting! Bike touring at its best. Gotta love it!
Asheville, looking to hang out? Peace
Made it to chicago, had a blast. Got a bike a new bike at the squat i stayed at. So far ive been at the wsp hopout for 12 hours and not a single wbd has shown up.
Yeah remember when I said I'm going off grid for a while? Didn't last long, fucked my back up real bad and apparently I also have an enlarged heart, pretty cool. More love to give maybe? So they admitted me. I'll be on hospital grid for at least a day. Low battery and no charger though, so I'mma leave y'all with a cliffhanger probably. Will try to update before heading back out to the sticks.
100% off-grid for roughly 2 weeks? I'll try to pop in here and there if I get any trips to town. Safe travels y'all. And even if you're just sittin around talkin bout "yeah gonna hit the road in about 6 months maybe" y'all be safe doin that too alright. Armchairs be dangerous yo!
SlankyLanky wrote on EndTimesCommunityWorship's profile.
So we have a gallery section that you might consider looking at to post pictures to. It might be more convenient for other users if the newest profile posts wernt all imgur photos from you.

Staff online

Members online