Everything you need for 1st edition dungeons and dragons

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
I figure someone would appreciate this.
As long as you have dice (which they sell sets at any hobby store), something to read pdfs, paper, and a place to sit you got a game.

MODERATOR EDIT (5/30/2018): for those too lazy to go through this whole thread, most of the stuff in these links can be found at https://rpg.rem.uz/ it's probably the largest collection of these materials on the internet.

http://gobbi.free.fr/
click on scenarii TSR for modules. Every TSR manual is there

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/fe/#FEAD13
their are some fan made ones here, their not too bad.

http://idiscepolidellamanticora.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/tsr2010-players-handbook.pdf
Players handbook

http://archmagev.com/1st_Ed/Rulebooks/AD&D 1st - 2009 - Monster Manual.pdf
Moster manual

http://cdn.preterhuman.net/texts/gaming_and_diversion/AD&D/AD&D 1st Edition - Unearthed Arcana.pdf
Unearthed arcana

http://shichitenhakki.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/unearthedarcana.pdf
another unearthed arcana book

There is also Deities & Demigods and Fiend Folio but i can't find pdfs for them.
Honestly all you need is the players handbook, the first monster manual and the DMs guide and modules. Dm's guide and the second moster manual are the two attachments.
Enjoy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

cpritcha76

Lurker
Thanks so much for these! My boys have asked to try out D&D, and the first edition should be a good place to have them test it out.

Reactions: James Maarsten
Current Location
Ice Coast
Freaking Awesome, thank you so much! I have been following this D&D group on facebook for a month or so, and they started posting about their all time favorite module. I haven't played since 1983 mine is Keep on the borderlands! its the one that I recall playing the most with new characters.

Last edited:

Dame Genvieve

Lurker
Current Location
paris
2 days of searching the net for pdfs of these books and I finally found them
Thanks so much! I'm going to be putting together a game soon on IRC and of course there's an open invite for everyone here. (Especially the op for posting the books !)

Now all I need to find now is
1) Player's Guide to the Dragonlance Campaign
2) Ssome dice or a program that will generate the die rolls.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
I love boarderlands! You guys are welcome i knew someone would enjoy this, and whats irc? also dice generators usually suck at least as far as the ones iv found.

Current Location
South Korea
TY.... I just spent hours trying to find the DMG... I have a huge library of game books but my lappy crashed with no backup and some files were lost from the recovery process. This pretty much does me... and yes, it opens fine on my system.

Reactions: James Maarsten
OP
R

Rob Broad

I deleted myself
Thank you for the links.

Got most to work except the link to the modules. I couldn't find where it says scenarii

OP
A

AnOldHope

I deleted myself
It's cool the old dice games are being preserved online. I used to have the original boxed set for R Talsorian's "Cyberpunk 2013" with the "Friday Night Firefight" combat system, I wish I'd kept it.

I also notice it's 2017 and I think we're still a bit further out on the chrome limbs...

Current Location
New York
@stukovthetuna:
Fantastic!!! Thank you for these!!! I've been searching for MM 2 91st ed), for quite a while now!
I hope to be uploading some of my stuff soon, so you can have! ::drinkingbuddy::

Current Location
New York
@stukovthetuna
"...There is also Deities & Demigods and Fiend Folio but i can't find pdfs for them.
Honestly all you need is the players handbook, the first monster manual and the DMs guide and modules. Dm's guide and the second moster manual are the two attachments.
Enjoy..."
Here's Fiend Folio, and Deities and Demigods (1979 edition):

Attachments

Current Location
New York
@James Maarsten
Yo thats awesome really really appreciate this, i needed deities and demigods. Thanks ::woot::
What's your stuff? You create modules?
Howdy:
I'm mostly a GURPS-person, but I'll mix/match GURPS Fantasy with all (almost) editions of AD&D. I just select best of each; that's what GURPS was originally designed for.
As for Adventures (Modules), sadly no. If I can't get to a game, or no one wants to play, I usually write a fiction series. I haven't published yet.

Are you ready for a resource giving you ALL The old Dragon Magazines? ::woot::
Here:
https://annarchive.com/dragon.html
Enjoly! ::drinkingbuddy::

Last edited:

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
Thats excellent, and gurps looks great, never heard of it till now. Always stuck with AD&D out of familiarity, but have always wanted to try other table tops.

Current Location
New York
Oooh! My friend you are in for a treat! GURPS is some of the best worldbooks written, and the coolest system for Character Generation that lets you have nearly EVERYTHING you could want! Only so long as you stay within point-limits. I'll explain that later!
It's Combat system can be good, or a pain depending on what you're doing. I find it works really good. If there's one downside to GURPS it's that the artwork covers/interiours usually suck!
They've made some progress in recent years with the 4th edition, but still undermarketed, and thus they suffer.
Gimmie some time to locate some uploads for you all.

deleted user

Lurker
I deleted myself
Current Location
Cle Elum, United States
That would be awesome thanks for adding to this thread, ive been rifling threw ANNARCHIVE for hours. Holy shit is it outstanding, made my morning. You should make a whole new thread on GURPS. STP can always use more threads on tabletop games and entertainment for the road.

Current Location
New York
I got pdf's of all of the D&D 5th edition and Numenera if anyone is interested. I'll throw them up on google drive or dropbox for anyone to take a look at.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zwsCtAQlqcDopUGwmZI8_TrHjN_cRfoP?usp=sharing
Hey! thank you very much for this! I'm gonna' be looking at them later. In the mean time, I've two more contributions: AD&D 3rd Ed Expanded Psionics, AD&D 3rd Ed Psionic Artifacts of Athos, AD&D 3rd Ed Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium, AD&D 3rd Ed Magic Items Compendium, and AD&D 1st Ed Oriental Adventures!
Enjoy!

Attachments