everyone post their myspace up

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
omair00 wrote:

yeah... um, well omair, if you REALLY want to know more about people here, you should really just cruize through other ppl's profiles, or actually discuss stuff with people here on the board.

your last two/three posts have all been just asking for personal information. also, you've asked these same questions in the chat room... and frankly, you're kinda creeping me out.

i don't mean to sound like a dick, so i mean this in the nicest way possible, but please stop acting like such a cop.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Widerstand wrote:
Line wrote:
i second that... and oh before i fo... the StP Fest ill be collecting people's DNA!

HAHAHAAHAHA...

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
MattPist wrote:
and frankly, you're kinda creeping me out.

[/url]

I'm with matt on this one, no offense, but just chill and read for a while...

and my two cents: I have a myspace, and it has come in use once or twice, but I check it about once a month...

Oh and by the way, if I could get you guys to bring your OWN baggie for the stool samples, that'd be great. the cost is really starting to add up.

Post edited by: Bendixontherails, at: 2007/04/11 10:02

F

FrumpyWatkins

Everybody chill the fuck out, you guys are being fucking Nazis with the police accusations. He was just being over friendly, not that I am supporting his Myspace spam nor his personal inf0z quest. Now to clean up the whole infiltration bit; no cop or fed is going to make a legitimate attempt at "infiltrating" a forum about train hopping. If we started talking about government overthrow or committing terrorist attacks they might take notice. Also if they were going to get involved they would monitor the board instead of getting involved. Them getting involved may lead to some contact and activity that may require some judicial involvement. Which unless were doing something pretty bad here, will not hold up in any court. I doubt he is a pedophile or nut case either since he put out what appears to be his real information on the web. With my experience in tracking/information gathering/investigation it appears he is just a legit guy, possibly a little lonely. You shouldn't turn people who may provide to the community away, just because they don't fully understand web etiquette.

Play nice.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
i don't think anyone was seriously suggesting that he was a cop or anything... just a little good natured ribbing, and some advice on info gathering...:)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Bendixontherails wrote:
i don't think anyone was seriously suggesting that he was a cop or anything... just a little good natured ribbing, and some advice on info gathering...:)

agreed :)

C

Code Name Mary

FrumpyWatkins wrote:
Everybody chill the fuck out, you guys are being fucking Nazis with the police accusations. He was just being over friendly, not that I am supporting his Myspace spam nor his personal inf0z quest. Now to clean up the whole infiltration bit; no cop or fed is going to make a legitimate attempt at "infiltrating" a forum about train hopping. If we started talking about government overthrow or committing terrorist attacks they might take notice. Also if they were going to get involved they would monitor the board instead of getting involved. Them getting involved may lead to some contact and activity that may require some judicial involvement. Which unless were doing something pretty bad here, will not hold up in any court. I doubt he is a pedophile or nut case either since he put out what appears to be his real information on the web. With my experience in tracking/information gathering/investigation it appears he is just a legit guy, possibly a little lonely. You shouldn't turn people who may provide to the community away, just because they don't fully understand web etiquette.

Play nice.

but.. if I personally offended any one, my deepest apologies.

am i the only person who genuinly likes myspace? i think it's a good site for keeping in touch with people and i like the service it gives me. i don't give a shit if rupert murdoch owns it and i don't give a shit if it's mainstream and popular and a bunch of teenie bopper girls in 8th grade are on every day whoring themselves off for comments. I like the site and i'm going to keep using it until something makes me not like it.

Reaction score
mr omair00 - i believe you have good intentions, but i must say that i too was a bit weirded out when my offer to help with info on riding out of l.a., in response to your request on the forum, was then responded to with just questions as to where i am now and so forth, but nothing more about your original need for info. no biggy, just confusing. if you still want info that's cool, just nothing about where i'm living now and stuff.

as for the myspace thing...yeah, it's silly, but can be useful. i have my music up there (my last 3 shows with really great bands came from this connection) and a page to keep in contact with friends far away (i'm not always into writing letters and making calls, so its nice to just peruse for a few minutes and kind of get an idea what folks in the old neighborhood are up to). as far as making friends with a bunch of people out there in lala land, well i just have no interest in that. it's nowhere near as relevant to me as this page, but i still find it useful for those couple simple reasons. i've tried to convince widerstand on this, but i'm afraid my attempts have been in vein!:silly: i think i'm gonna start hangin out with cush;)

oh yeah, and :blink:. wow, these things are neat...do they have these on myspace?

-foothill:dry:

Reaction score
mr omair00 - i believe you have good intentions, but i must say that i too was a bit weirded out when my offer to help with info on riding out of l.a., in response to your request on the forum, was then responded to with just questions as to where i am now and so forth, but nothing more about your original need for info. no biggy, just confusing. if you still want info that's cool, just nothing about where i'm living now and stuff.

as for the myspace thing...yeah, it's silly, but can be useful. i have my music up there (my last 3 shows with really great bands came from this connection) and a page to keep in contact with friends far away (i'm not always into writing letters and making calls, so its nice to just peruse for a few minutes and kind of get an idea what folks in the old neighborhood are up to). as far as making friends with a bunch of people out there in lala land, well i just have no interest in that. it's nowhere near as relevant to me as this page, but i still find it useful for those couple simple reasons. i've tried to convince widerstand on this, but i'm afraid my attempts have been in vein!:silly: i think i'm gonna start hangin out with cush;)

oh yeah, and :blink:. wow, these things are neat...do they have these on myspace?

-foothill:dry:

C

CaseyCatastrophe

FrumpyWatkins wrote:

Play nice.

You just added "government overthrow" and "committing terrorist attacks" to the Google cache! The Man will surely penetra-- infiltrate us now!

:)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
CaseyCatastrophe wrote:
You just added "government overthrow" and "committing terrorist attacks" to the Google cache! The Man will surely penetra-- infiltrate us now!

:)

hehe fortunately for us, google (and all search engines) are blocked from the forums (have been for about a week, hopefully all the old stuff will cache out eventually).

also, for anyone that's interested in myspace alternatives:

punx.com (if you're a punk)
tribe.net

i like tribe.net because while there's certainly still some social networking aspects to it, it's 90% centered on 'groups' or 'tribes'. ive discovered that there are a TON of interesting and educational groups there, on everything from trainhopping to bus conversion communities. interesting stuff. i mostly just go on there every few weeks and read a bunch about the latest diy clothing techniques, or squatting stories, or discussion on grease buses, etc.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads