epic voyage, need advice | Squat the Planet

epic voyage, need advice

kevin

Reaction score
at the end of this summer i plan to start my voyage... I plan to skateboard up the pacific coast highway all the way up to washington and then hopefully catch a train / hitchhike back.. any body familiar with this path and have any advice for places to camp at and what not ? I will be bringing a tent and not much else...

bryanpaul

Reaction score
just hitch... park to park... sooo many sick concrete skateparks the whole way up and down..... where are you starting from?....... holler at me cuz i know ALL the parks along this corridor

kevin

Reaction score
I will be starting from long beach, ca and make my way to san francisco.. post up for a little then make my voyage through oregon to washington

bryanpaul

Reaction score
yeah you can basically get away with sleeping anywhere..so long as your not visible...it's good to get up early too.... but yeah just depends on where you are...some public beaches have park rangers or whatnot that patrol....i personally steer clear of beaches most of the time, sand gets in all your gear you get dewed on/ fogged on worse on the beach and have to wait around for your shit to dry in the sun.....parks that i know of up that route that are worth stopping at are: venice beach...santa monica...oxnard...santa barbara...solvang(few miles off 101 n. of s. barbara)...los osos(on the coast w. of san luis obispo)...then a dry spell til you get to santa cruz...santa cruz...pacifica... SF has potrero park and a bunch more around the bay area...north of the bay area is....san rafael...novato...santa rosa...windsor...healdsburgh...ukiah...willits.......arcata...nothing till you get to oregon....brookings...port orford(just a 6-10ft bowl with the worlds first cradle)...reedsport...florence...waldport...LINCOLN CITY!....thats as far north on 101 as i ever got......theres a bunch around the portland area....battle ground WA just n. of portland looks epic(never been there)/...........i'm sick of typing.......bunch on i-5 too....mt. shasta is new and looks good ....ashland OR...medford OR....grants pass..klamath falls........but yeah if you get dropped off in any of these places might wanna ask where the skatepark is.......

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey !
PCH 1 is beautiful !!
I love hitching PCH 1 between LA & SF.
I also hitched up the 101/1 from Ukiah to get to Washington for
the Rainbow Gathering.

If you need any more advice re this route, just ask !
There is also a So Cal thread on the hitching forum.

+Sit / Lie law now in place in San Francisco.
+ Heavy fines in Santa Cruz no to criminalize homeless/travellers.

Check out Hellarity House in Oakland !
Lots of together organizes squats & lovely folks.
Food Not Bombs serve every day in Peoples Park 2:30 /Berkeley.

christianarchy

Reaction score
So many hills. Dont bomb anything too gnarly and expect to do some walking..but definitely stick your thumb out too. folks are nice out there, ride your board and stick out yer thumb and im sure youll meet some rad kids. favorite parks on th coast are washington street in sd, everything in oregon, and marginal way in seattle, right next to the yard. have fun out there

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads