EBT runs out. What do you do? What State is the easiest to get help?

Threads
Current Location
Portland
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
6 months and my EBT ran out. I'm in Arizona. I'm an arthritic man. Not very hirable. Good work ethic but the body is failing. Suggestions??

zim

StP Admin
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Olympia, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I've been told that California is the easiest. As long as Arizona doesn't have any of those bullshit bootstrap laws that require you to hold a job to get EBT (a lot of east coast states do) it should be fairly easy to renew. If Arizona is at all like any of the states that I've gotten EBT from, you should be able to reapply online and have your emergency EBT issued directly to the card you already have within 7 days.

Expedited (emergency) benefits critera:
  • Your gross monthly income plus any cash that you have on hand or in the bank is less than your rent plus your utilities or
  • Your gross monthly income is less than $150 and any cash that you have on hand or in the bank is less than $100.

R

Ragozino

I deleted myself
I was turned down a couple of times. Keep reapplying each month until they approve it.

Threads
Current Location
Foresthill, United States
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
san jose is a good place to go for ebt. they will give you an emergency card if your homeless