Eating Trash (dumpstering phobias)

dubh

Reaction score
Website
feirmeoirsonrai.me
So my background is a small town rural conservatism, where you don't get on welfare even if your starving, you resent handouts, etc.

It took me forever to overcome my fear of eating out of the trash or dumpstering because of this cultural baggage. However, after I did overcome that fear it was like the gates of Valhalla or Heaven or Alien Stargates opened and I was finally FREE!

I was wondering if others have had to overcome this phobia? Once you go trash you can overcome the Fasc.

pic is of a dumpstered meal from dumpsters and sidewalk bins, this was in San Francisco.

Attachments

• 1397672_566570273398111_1761344446_o.jpg
    1397672_566570273398111_1761344446_o.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 324

blue ant

Reaction score
I overcame it pretty easily, but that's just because I was a "dirty kid" long before I was a dirty kid.

It might also have had to do with the fact that I hadn't eaten in two days and my options were to eat trash or eat air.

Reactions: Rocky and Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
It just seems practical to me... if you take care and choose packaged/clean goods... you will be fine.

If we did not live in a monetary system driven by profit there probably would be less waste.

Also, it's great to share your dumpster scores.

Reactions: Rocky and sd40chef

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads