easy super flammable tinder recipe | Squat the Planet

easy super flammable tinder recipe

texastraveler

Reaction score
if you ever needed easy, super flammable tinder, look no further! i used a bunch of these to get some damp wood going the other night and thought i'd share

WARNING: THIS SHIT IS SUPER FLAMMABLE- DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH IT

to make them you'll need water, sugar, potassium nitrate stump remover, and cottonballs/rags/whatever will soak up water. heat your water up in and old can and slowly add the stump remover (crush if pellets are large, it helps to dissolve) and sugar in equal parts. don't add the ingredients seperately at different times, add small handfuls at the same time and stop adding when it no longer dissolves. dip your cottonballs/cloth and set out to air dry. as long as they don't get wet the smallest spark will make them burn VIGOROUSLY, and they should last indefinitely in a ziploc

starryrose

Reaction score
Okay: like it. But title sent me thinking a different tinder status... maybe cause its 3am just got off a 11 hour stoned ass shift..useful info tho. My mind was just in the gutter I guess lol

so glad i wasnt the only one

if you ever needed easy, super flammable tinder, look no further! i used a bunch of these to get some damp wood going the other night and thought i'd share

at first i thought it was some clever/metaphorical, innuendo-riddled advice for a dating profile...

Reactions: texastraveler

TayNZ

Kiwi Vagabond
Reaction score
Potassium Nitrate and Sugar is commonly used as a DIY hobby rocket fuel or sometimes in DIY smoke grenades. Its fun shit to mess around with.

Reactions: texastraveler

OnTheRoadWithDogs

Reaction score

WARNING: THIS SHIT IS SUPER FLAMMABLE- DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH IT

to make them you'll need water, sugar, potassium nitrate stump remover, and cottonballs/rags/whatever will soak up water. heat your water up in and old can and slowly add the stump remover (crush if pellets are large, it helps to dissolve) and sugar in equal parts. don't add the ingredients seperately at different times, add small handfuls at the same time and stop adding when it no longer dissolves. dip your cottonballs/cloth and set out to air dry. as long as they don't get wet the smallest spark will make them burn VIGOROUSLY, and they should last indefinitely in a ziploc
I like to collect paper birch bark. It's natural, not messy like pine sap, and it doesn't get ruined or loose its efficacy if it gets wet.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads