east midlands, uk based friendo

shatterjob

Reaction score
I'm not great at introductions and stuff so I'll try my best.

I'm Alex, a 21 year old guy from Nottingham with an intense sense of wanderlust that's been burning for at least 10 years now and I'm getting to the point where it's unbarable to stay in this one place. Although that probably stems from how deeply unhappy I am here but that's too personal for an intro probably.

I'm completely unexperienced in travelling in general and extremely reserved due to being somewhat on the Autistic Spectrum so I probably don't sound like an appealing travel partner but thats why I'm here, to learn more from a hopefully fully welcoming and experienced community of awesome people.

If anyone is around Nottingham and wants to see the DIY punk scene or just talk or anything idk hit me up.

Reactions: Marc ebach67

roguetrader

Reaction score
hey Alex - fellow Brit and fellow punk here - I used to spend a lot of time in Nottingham (and it's ugly twin Derby !) but that was a few years ago now - how's the punk scene lately ? is Derby Punx Picnic still happening ? I currently live in a trailer in Devon near to Plymouth - message me if you wanna chat bout life and the scene and whatever you want really ! I'm a bit out of touch on the modern punk scene but one band I've seen lately that I love - Army Of Skanks : they're an (almost) all girl band from Coventry.... so yeah hit me up if you want to.... Al

shatterjob

Reaction score
hey Alex - fellow Brit and fellow punk here - I used to spend a lot of time in Nottingham (and it's ugly twin Derby !) but that was a few years ago now - how's the punk scene lately ? is Derby Punx Picnic still happening ? I currently live in a trailer in Devon near to Plymouth - message me if you wanna chat bout life and the scene and whatever you want really ! I'm a bit out of touch on the modern punk scene but one band I've seen lately that I love - Army Of Skanks : they're an (almost) all girl band from Coventry.... so yeah hit me up if you want to.... Al

I've never actually been to punx picnic, but I looked it up and it seems like it's still going strong. The scene is doing really well atm with great little DIY venues run by great people and you'll find anything from synth-pop solo artists with a keyboard and mic to touring underground bands from all over the world, just had a band from Japan play. Should come up and check it out one day.

How's the trailer life down south going for you?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads