dumpster scores

BusGypsy

Wayfarer
StP Supporter
Current Location
Away
What feasts!! It's so terrible what society wastes. I used to work at a subway; they throw away literally garbage bags full of perfectly good untouched bread.

Reactions: 1 person

charmion63

Current Location
chicago
here's a sort of odd one - i found over $150 worth of vintage clothing on top of an antique store's dumpster the other day! this is only a pic of the stuff i didn't sell ... took the rest to this costume and prop warehouse by me and they paid good money for it. hell yea

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

Tengu91

Rambler
Current Location
Tusayan, AZ
Only recently got into dumpstering for food. I ate a LOT of quinoa from a whole foods while in Colorado! While I was traveling to Arizona I pulled out a full sandwich still in the plastic case from an airport trash can (whole wheat bread, tomato, pickle, banana pepper, turkey, ham, bacon, and Swiss cheese!! One of the BEST sandwiches I've ever had!). Today, nearly 24 hours after arriving in Tusayan AZ, I scored a box of cinnamon rolls and a bag of fruit from a hotel dumpster and a bunch of garlic bread still in the plastic sheet from an Italian restaurant. I can't believe it's taken me so long to embrace dumpster diving!! I'm still looking forward to the day I score a haul like yours though. That's incredible!!

Reactions: 2 people

Older Than Dirt

Rambler
Current Location
Upstate
But it's water past its sell by date- don't you worry?

What is wrong with the world, putting water in bottles to sell, and then throwing it out?

Water weighs 8lbs/gallon, so that's a heavy score to tote away.

Brodiesel710

Rambler
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
Winnemucca, NV
HA, yeah totally! Well the best part is 2 of the cases say 2021, the other say 17 and 18. I live in a rural part of Nevada where the country provides these dumpsters for everyone who resides there, lucky for me Im the closest resident so I check em everyday.

Deer/cow/sheep carcasses, jet skis, air compressors, sand blasters, old lawnmowers, new 2x4's, very rarely anything edible but a lot of times useful ranch/farm stuff.

dubh

Rambler
Current Location
Dublin, Ireland
Hell Yeah. I regularly eat damn good out of dumpsters. Pizza places rock & Starbucks; their food is fresh everyday, so every night they toss every brownie, cake pop, croissant, muffin AND all the unopened breakfast sandwich's as well. EVERY DAY....
yaeh, starbucks dumpsters at 3am rock it. awesome muffins. I always hit up the *bucks dumpstered on the road.

Reactions: Bey