Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Austin, Texas
Website
www.DevonGrey.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
This morning I went dumpster diving when I found some cool lawn chairs.

In need of some repair, of course.

Duct tape has a pretty good reputation, but it doesn't stand up to the Texas sun like electrical tape. Just FYI electrical tape is underrated when it comes to UV resistance.

Attachments

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
(im staying home with my family for now) I help take care of a shopping center. When tenants leave or people throw stuff out, I go through and get all kinds of cool stuff people have left. Ive gotten brand new vaccume cleaners (that kinda sucked) and ive gotten home decor stuff that ive been able to clean up and sell. Ive gotten lights, furniture, clothes, dishes. Things you wouldnt think you'd find. its kinda neet

OP
OP
StuckinaDumpster
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Austin, Texas
Website
www.DevonGrey.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Good score! A couple years ago I worked for a second hand bookstore (known for selling things at half price) that routinely threw away any and all disks (cds, dvds, blurays, video games) that weren't in perfect condition. I volunteered to take out the trash, liberated all those disks, loaded up a few multidisk albums and sold them on Craigslist. I did that a few dozen times over a year.. the extra money was nice, but the recycling alone was worth getting fired for.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Greenbrae, CA
Website
instagram.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Oh man, if only I had photos of all the stuff I scored wandering the streets of San Francisco... but there will be more soon, & I will have a camera this time.

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
I scored hella shit in SF- screen printing supplies, mid century moderne Eames chairs, original art, clothes... Haha once I was digging through the pockets of a Dior jacket & found $70 in foreign currency.... I partied hard that night (after a trip to the exchange in Chinatown)

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Jambo Organizer
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Somewhere near Colorado Springs, CO. I think.
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
This morning I went dumpster diving when I found some cool lawn chairs.

In need of some repair, of course.

Duct tape has a pretty good reputation, but it doesn't stand up to the Texas sun like electrical tape. Just FYI electrical tape is underrated when it comes to UV resistance.

OOOH, Those are the GOOD lawn chairs!

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Daytona
Reactions
92% 0% 8%
The other day found two brand new unopened flashlights and a brand new unopened lantern, who throws away shit that’s still in the package?? Insane

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Jambo Organizer
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Somewhere near Colorado Springs, CO. I think.
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
... Who throws away shit that’s still in the package?? Insane
I agree.
I used to work for a hardware store, and if a group of items came in the weekly shipment that had one or two damaged in it, the store would get (more) credit for the entire CASE of items if they put in a claim to the distributor that the WHOLE case was damaged, rather than just the one or two things that actually WERE damaged.

I worked in the back warehouse/receiving section, so part of my job was to inform the management if this situation came up (a few items in a case damaged), and then chuck the entire case straight into the dumpster.

I fucking HATED that part of it, and liberated as many items as I could without getting caught, because even though these things were already IN THE DUMPSTER, the one time I asked if I could pull a certain thing out, I was told "No, because we will consider that theft, and terminate your employment."

kIlL a KaRdAsHiAn

The nerd formally known as wISDOM
StP Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Verde valley AZ
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I had the same type thing happen. I worked at a hotel that was doing a remodel. Their was rooms full of everythng getting thrown out. They weren't going to donate, which is pretty stupid considering it would have been a tax write off. And of course, they weren't gonna let anyone have it. The stupidity of shit enrages me sometimes. Anyway, I tipped off everyone I could about where the stash was being left, before heading to the dump. Went on several hauling trips and hooked folks up with some pretty decent shit. Couches, tv's, God, everything, you name it. Oh no it's illegal! Fuck that. It should be Illegal to be so blatantly wasteful without any attempt to be otherwise. Alright, gonna stop now before I end up on a rant.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Nowhere
Reactions
91% 3% 6%
One time I found a piece of gold jewelry in this dumpster that usually just had bags of chips in it. That's the coolest thing I've found in a dumpster other than beer