Duluth Trading Company Firehose Pants

Mayor Cantrell

Reaction score
Usually the East Coast, South, or Midwest
So I'm in New Orleans, hanging out and gearing up for the summer, when I run into a kid who is ranting about these new pants of his. They're not Carhartt, not Filsen's, not Walls. They're Duluth Trading Company and they're made of fire hose cloth. Fucking crazy. So he's telling me about them, and I feel them, and they seem thicker and stronger (higher thread count) than anything I've personally had.

A week ago, I was talking to a friend about those pants, and he had a pair awhile ago, and loved them. He got a hole in the knee after three months, which, based on the way I wear out things, is pretty good. Also, you can return them anytime and they'll just give you a new pair. Only problem is you gotta get them online or over the phone, and they're about $56 including shipping. Also, this is a minor complaint, but they make the legs too wide. So I got myself a pair, and I'm going to take them in quite a bit, but I'm going to leave a little bit of breathing room for my legs. Right now I can't stuff the pant legs into my boots, which is a problem because I'm pretty conscious of any snaggable points on my gear. Other than that, I just got them and I'm happy with them. If you have the opportunity to get them, at least so far they seem good.

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
duluth trading company has some awesome stuff. i've bought several different pieces of gear from that site over a span of several years. once, i bought an ALICE pack from someone elses credit card (from the navel academy) and he saw that and found the best pack that he had. it was almost in brand new condition. that's a good place to buy gear that's not rei or some other expensive outfitter store.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
I wear firehose pants and they are the best work pants I've had. I put a hole in the knee after a month and a half on a construction site, and that is FAR better than I can expect from dickies or carrharts. Plus the warranty makes that not a huge problem as long as I have an address.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I swear by them! I ordered the loggers pants from them a couple years ago.
The loggers pants have an extra layer of material over the front of the legs, extra
material around the waistband and extra material around the cuffs.
My pair has taken a beating over the years but are still holding strong
I also ordered a hefty pair of suspenders from them the kind that button in, not clasps.
I removed the suspender buttons from the inside of the pants and installed rivets in their place.
Duluth Trading really does make high quality stuff, and it's worth spending the extra dough if
you want clothing that will take the abuse and still last.

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i was working the oil rigs in ar last winter/spring,and most of the guys wore boots made of the same firehose material. when i asked about them, they said they loved them.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads