1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. If you're new to the world of underground travel, you should check out The Anarchist's Guide to Travel! This 243 page book is a how-2 manual of everything you need to know about exploring the world through hitchhiking, train hopping, bike touring, rubber tramping, sailing, and more! Included in this book are instructions on how to survive on the road (gear, food, money, etc) and answers all of the most common questions we get here on StP in one easy reference. Save yourself hours of searching the forums while still supporting the StP community! Click here for more information!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Dublin

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Erumy, Nov 14, 2017 at 5:24 PM.

1. Erumy

Erumy Just signed up

Achievements:
    Address:
    Dublin, County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hi, Iam in czech republic yet, but in january i need to move to Dublin. Me and my boyfriend had a plan for moving. But he's in Dublin for few weeks and situation is more complicated than we though and he cant help me with housing, so i am looking for somebody who can tell me where can i sleep for some time from January so we can be together again. I thing squat would be best choice, because i dont know anyone in there and I will need some friends:)
    I also wonder if there is chance to dumpster dive, because thats how i generaly get the food in here (and its not easy because the dumpsters are closed to cages and there are cctv everywhere - ridiculous) and my bf lives in some fortress o solitude near Navan, so he didnt have chance to look for something yet. Iam sorry for my english, my mother language is czech and i dint use english for years.

2. forestwitch

forestwitch is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    Address:
    New York, NY, United States
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    squatting is kinda legal in ireland (like, it's only trespassing if you frighten someone, they might charge you with property damage though. either way, they can still evict you with a court ruling) and there's always some squats around in dublin.

dumpster diving is super easy as well. you usually have to climb or jam doors open but no one really bothers if they see you.

3. OP
    OP
    Erumy

Erumy Just signed up

Achievements:
    Address:
    Dublin, County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    thank you, that helped me. I live in one city almost all my life and this will be big step for me. Iam little bit affraid.