Video Dropkick Murphys Documentary staring me.

D

Deleted member 20

Ok,ok. I am not really the star but I was recognized by the band & interviewed briefly in the doc. As most of everyone knows is I am a diehard fan of DKM, I routinely travel between 20-40k miles a year to follow this band & to attend other fests & events in the US a year. I hitch, hop use rideshares & take public transportation if funds allow.

I was fortunate to have Tim Brennan(accordion,piano,guitar,vocals etc) validate how loyal a fan I am. The part in the movie about me starts around minute 27:30 & ends 29:15 but I encourage all who like the band to watch the whole doc. It was done by WGBH/PBS in conjuction with NPR & there doesn't appear to have been much editing if any; what you see is what you get. I am not a groupie or fanboy, just your usual crazed friend of the band who uses any & all means of travel to accomplish the mission of going on tour with no money.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i watched this earlier today, and i agree it's a pretty good documentary. getting the nod from one of the band members was particularly cool as well. they should give you a job :p

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah!!! seconds on that job nomination!!! You should go along as a roadie for some of the concerts!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads