Downtown seattle food banks/homeless shelters (1 Viewer)

Pdog

Lurker
Current Location
Los Angeles
Well. Since I only have like a buck in change after the burrito i bought at the 7-11 last night after i arrived at king station. This morning i looked up food banks and homeless shelters.

I tried going to the salvation army but unfortunately they were not open.

I had a choice to make which was head to the bread of life and try to make lunch or head over to cherry street food bank before 4pm.

I decided to head to the cherry street food bank because it was a for sure thing.

All you need to do is sign your last name. And put your age.
Get in line and grab from the boxes on the tables.
They give you one can food per box and a certain amount of fruits and veggies per box.
They had mac and cheese/pasta noodles and various beans. But since i dont have anywhere to cook i didnt take any.

I Tried o get as many with easy open cans as I could because i dont have a can opener.

They are closes on the weekends.

Ill update you as i go.

Attachments

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater
You know places like 7/11 you can go up to the counter and ask if they're about to throw any heated food away? Never pay for gas station food, never. Horrible idea.

Also baby angel go get a lil can opener, you can get them for cheap cheap, and they're light at hell, fit anywhere. Also do you have any sort of heating apparatus? How are you getting around? How are you feeding yourself? Thank God you're in Seattle though, they have some AMAZING dumpsters up there to help you get some things

Juan Derlust

the map isn't the territory
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
all over the place
next time you get some cash get one of these at an army surplus or maybe even Big 5
92bfd1b5-fc85-4c00-b92b-e36802749650-jpeg.47610_Downtown seattle food banks/homeless shelters_The Hobo Kitchen_Squat the Planet_9:09 PM

cheap and portable can opener

OP
Pdog

Pdog

Lurker
Current Location
Los Angeles
You know places like 7/11 you can go up to the counter and ask if they're about to throw any heated food away? Never pay for gas station food, never. Horrible idea.

Also baby angel go get a lil can opener, you can get them for cheap cheap, and they're light at hell, fit anywhere. Also do you have any sort of heating apparatus? How are you getting around? How are you feeding yourself? Thank God you're in Seattle though, they have some AMAZING dumpsters up there to help you get some things
I have no heat source. Im on foot. So far ibe been eating food bank food and tomorrow ill hit up the homeless shelter for a hot meal.

BusGypsy

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Away
Look up Urban Rest Stop. The best one IMO is in Ballard. There's a few more in Seattle too.
They provide showers, laundry, etc. sometimes you have to book ahead, sometimes it's first come first serve.
https://urbanreststop.org/
They're pretty decent people. I used to go to the Ballard one for a shower and laundry. Would have to show up first thing in the morning, and sometimes they fill up and have to turn people away. But it's deifnintely worth looking into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $40.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $40.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $40.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $40.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

100% off-grid for roughly 2 weeks? I'll try to pop in here and there if I get any trips to town. Safe travels y'all. And even if you're just sittin around talkin bout "yeah gonna hit the road in about 6 months maybe" y'all be safe doin that too alright. Armchairs be dangerous yo!
SlankyLanky wrote on EndTimesCommunityWorship's profile.
So we have a gallery section that you might consider looking at to post pictures to. It might be more convenient for other users if the newest profile posts wernt all imgur photos from you.
It’s very hot here. That’s all
TFW you're a trans girl hitching solo over a thousand miles through Western Colorado, Utah, Las-fucking-Vegas, and all the way down to California without a scratch or nary a creep to fight off only to get drugged in a gay bar that I've been to before during a pride night that's billed as a trans/nonbinary/gender-nonconforming/POC event in San Diego. Wowzers

(Don't worry, I was safe and taken care of that night, just taking a moment to appreciate the fucking irony)