Downtown seattle food banks/homeless shelters

Threads
Current Location
Los Angeles
Well. Since I only have like a buck in change after the burrito i bought at the 7-11 last night after i arrived at king station. This morning i looked up food banks and homeless shelters.

I tried going to the salvation army but unfortunately they were not open.

I had a choice to make which was head to the bread of life and try to make lunch or head over to cherry street food bank before 4pm.

I decided to head to the cherry street food bank because it was a for sure thing.

All you need to do is sign your last name. And put your age.
Get in line and grab from the boxes on the tables.
They give you one can food per box and a certain amount of fruits and veggies per box.
They had mac and cheese/pasta noodles and various beans. But since i dont have anywhere to cook i didnt take any.

I Tried o get as many with easy open cans as I could because i dont have a can opener.

They are closes on the weekends.

Ill update you as i go.

Attachments

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
O CANADA
You know places like 7/11 you can go up to the counter and ask if they're about to throw any heated food away? Never pay for gas station food, never. Horrible idea.

Also baby angel go get a lil can opener, you can get them for cheap cheap, and they're light at hell, fit anywhere. Also do you have any sort of heating apparatus? How are you getting around? How are you feeding yourself? Thank God you're in Seattle though, they have some AMAZING dumpsters up there to help you get some things

Threads
Current Location
Limbo
next time you get some cash get one of these at an army surplus or maybe even Big 5
92bfd1b5-fc85-4c00-b92b-e36802749650-jpeg.47610_Downtown seattle food banks/homeless shelters_The Hobo Kitchen_Squat the Planet_9:09 PM

cheap and portable can opener

OP
OP
Pdog

Pdog

Threads
Current Location
Los Angeles
You know places like 7/11 you can go up to the counter and ask if they're about to throw any heated food away? Never pay for gas station food, never. Horrible idea.

Also baby angel go get a lil can opener, you can get them for cheap cheap, and they're light at hell, fit anywhere. Also do you have any sort of heating apparatus? How are you getting around? How are you feeding yourself? Thank God you're in Seattle though, they have some AMAZING dumpsters up there to help you get some things
I have no heat source. Im on foot. So far ibe been eating food bank food and tomorrow ill hit up the homeless shelter for a hot meal.

Threads
Current Location
Seattle
Look up Urban Rest Stop. The best one IMO is in Ballard. There's a few more in Seattle too.
They provide showers, laundry, etc. sometimes you have to book ahead, sometimes it's first come first serve.
https://urbanreststop.org/
They're pretty decent people. I used to go to the Ballard one for a shower and laundry. Would have to show up first thing in the morning, and sometimes they fill up and have to turn people away. But it's deifnintely worth looking into.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

Holy shit, sure as fuck after 6+ hours of straight bike polo.
I am now on the road!! I spent money on the luxury of a nice ticket to Old Town San Diego, from there I will visit my godmother in East County and then hitchhike up the coast to the East Bay to visit friends and family. It’ll be in time for my 19th birthday!
The feeling of finally doing this is fucking amazing!
The Grayhound Fast:
Weed butta between saltines, and two beers to slam in the bathroom. Hoorah
Bey
OK, so, my pack is a military duffle bag that is somewhat old, and I'm not sure it will hold up to traveling across the entire continent; so I'm open to suggestions on the best (?) replacement to buy....Thoughts?
just got over a crazy bad cold
Revisiting Jesup, Georgia after what I did there 5 years ago. God, I can't fucking wait! https://youtu.be/dAv36v3nqFc
Bey
Thinking of the True North, tonight; strong and free...
I started a thread for the 2019 jambo, i'd really like to get your input on it! https://squattheplanet.com/threads/2019-jambo-discussion.37648/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
WanderAl