News & Blogs Douchebag "vigilantes" on the lose in San Diego

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2018/dec/17/stringers-rooftop-camps-pb/%3famp&page=all

Vigilantes root out rooftop camps on Garnet
Ladder behind the 7-Eleven was the clue
sleeping-jpg.48120_Douchebag "vigilantes" on the lose in San Diego_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_5:46 PM
"Sanitary conditions are pretty bad."
By Delinda Lombardo
Dec. 17, 2018
Residents and business owners in Pacific Beach have taken it upon themselves to help tackle the problem of rooftop encampments.
vacant_building_along_garnet-jpg.48121_Douchebag "vigilantes" on the lose in San Diego_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_5:46 PM
Vacant Garnet building. "We found stashed belongings – but no people – on top of another building by using the drone.”
“We get lots of backlash,” one member who wished to remain anonymous told me. “We are a large group of PB Neighborhood Watch & Crime Watch residents and business owners. We have high thefts in our area and are always looking for stashed or stolen property… our focus really is to get Letter of Agency/ trespass authorization forms for the businesses having this issue.”
rooftop_mess_pb-jpg.48122_Douchebag "vigilantes" on the lose in San Diego_People & Cultures_Squat the Planet_5:46 PM
"Another location received reports of a mattress on the rooftop."
"Tom" shared images he took after he was given access to the rooftop at 7-Eleven at Garnet Ave. and Pendleton (four blocks east of Lamont).
“One of the members witnessed people climbing up the ladder behind this 7-Eleven,” he explained. “The following day I spoke with the employees and property manager. They gave me access to the rooftop and that’s when I discovered the encampment. The sanitary conditions are pretty bad as you can see those are two big cups of urine next to the guy sleeping… police were contacted, the property manager was notified and a [Letter of Agency] form is being filled out.”
When asked how they planned on checking all the rooftops, he explained the obvious solution.
“We’re currently looking for other locations – successfully – by drone. We discovered more stashed items on top of the vacant Radio Shack, another location received reports of a mattress on the rooftop, we are currently investigating that too, as well as two more reports of roof campers along Garnet, plus, this morning, (12/15/18) we found stashed belongings – but no people – on top of another building by using the drone.”
I spoke with the manager of the 7-Eleven on Garnet Ave, who confirmed the incident.
“The police came this morning,” Martel told us on December 15, “But they didn’t catch anyone, no one was up there today but said they’ll come back if we find anyone up there again.”
A Letter of Agency form allows the San Diego Police Department to act as the agent for the owner of private property to enforce laws.

Related Stories

Geraldo

The Saltiest Swamp Siren
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
O CANADA
I hate how these people are so fucking dumb that they don't realize that the homeless are just trying to find a safe fucking place to sleep while their own damn children are the thieves they're having problems with.

Shit's going missing in the neighbourhood? Check your child's room before you start flying fucking drones and blowing up spots. Lord knows your fucking kids are the reason the homeless have to get so crafty about just trying to sleep.

I really wonder how many recovered items were found at these encampments, I'd be willing to bet nothing

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Rochester, NY
I posted something about this as well some time ago - same thing - so ... these people found a place to live out of the way - didn't bother anyone. :(

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Top Poster of the Month
Threads
Current Location
Flagstaff, AZ
Website
www.youtube.com
I hate how these people are so fucking dumb that they don't realize that the homeless are just trying to find a safe fucking place to sleep while their own damn children are the thieves they're having problems with.

Shit's going missing in the neighbourhood? Check your child's room before you start flying fucking drones and blowing up spots. Lord knows your fucking kids are the reason the homeless have to get so crafty about just trying to sleep.

I really wonder how many recovered items were found at these encampments, I'd be willing to bet nothing
A-Fucking-men.

I couldn't have put it better myself!

"We're using our 1000$ drones to find and root out people who have next to nothing! THATS justice!!"

Threads
Current Location
Limbo
Front page local news bonanza - I'm astonished they haven't equipped those drones with flamethrowers yet...

Threads
Current Location
Cooperstown, Ny
Website
www.youtube.com
Drones are getting out of hand and will most likely proliferate even more. Cannot stand them. The hotel I work at had a couple peeking into rooms on the upper floors. The village I live in has a local ordinance banning the use of them. ~ peace and big brother

Threads
Current Location
Caribou, Maine
i thought one of the cardinal rules of stealth camping was to not sleep during the day? i dont even feel bad for these people, don't leave a mess where you camp and get your shit in order. i hate seeing this stuff.

OP
OP
ScumRag

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
"We get a lot of backlash," says a member who wishes to stay anonymous.

- uh yeah, cuz I'd gladly coldcock this motherfucker

Threads
Current Location
51-59 W Nevada Pl, Denver, CO 80209, USA
These "vigilantes" are usually hired whores. A city will pay them in gift cards to not have them on a real payroll, secret shopper types. They're common in a lot of cities especially in liberal states. Essentially the types who fallow homeless around taking pictures to accuse them of whatever and basically harass people. They also keep tabs on people and are told slanders and lies to justify their messed up behavior. They are told to target specific people. Its to draw attention away from the fact that the city itself is up to corrupt sh**.

All Who Wander

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Threads
Current Location
Pismo Beach
IDK, kinda sounds fun playing spot the hidden encampment with a $1000.00 drone...

my family used to vacation in PB in the 70's and 80s. was a nice little beach town... little beach cottages... fairly cheap... all of that got replaced by giant hotels, bars, corporate restaurants, mini-malls, then tattoo and weed shops opened up everywhere, now it's so packed you can't get to the water without walking through 50 people's towels set up on the beach and beggars are everywhere, I swear I would not be surprised if there were beggar gangs fighting over blocks like in india.

and what about that 7-11 owner, he didn't know people were on his roof... if somebody set fire to the roof trying to cook something would his insurance cover it? or cover his business losses? I don't think it's fair to say he's in the wrong for not wanting people camping on his roof, or that the drone guys are in the wrong for letting him know.

Really this shouldn't be a problem, there should be a place for people where they don't have to camp on a roof where their not wanted, but until there is... they should just do better at finding a place to stealth camp.