Don't underestimate staying hydrated! | Squat the Planet

Don't underestimate staying hydrated!

00kissmarrykick00

I gotta be STOKED to be FLEXIBLE!
Reaction score
A few weeks A few weeks ago I went to the ER for a moving headache, dry eyes, dry nose, a tingling in my tongue, and neck pain. It all turns out that it was because I was hydrated because when I was completely done with the IV I felt significantly better! The doctor pointed out that my urine was yellow which is another sign of dehydration.

Since then I've been watching my water intake, and yesterday I liquid fasted with mostly water. That was mostly due to how the acclimation and stress in Colorado Springs are affecting my body, but still nothing wrong with drinking water. I also have a tendency to make better overall health decisions while I'm traveling.

But, yeah, stay hydrated! And watch how much water you're drinking, because you can oversaturate! Find that happy balance!

The Toecutter

The Patron Saint of Filth
Reaction score
People commonly underestimate the amount of water they need.

When not exercising or sweating, I make it a point to go through a gallon of water a day. It's been a habit since I was 14. The result(in conjunction with dietary choices made and regular exercise, plus genetics) is that I'm approaching 40 and random strangers mistake me for a late-teen.

You'll piss every hour or two, but it's worth the tradeoff.

It also helps ward against all kinds of unwanted health ailments.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads