Don't trespass in Georgia.

jojoofu

Reaction score
I decided to take a shortcut across a farm in Georgia to get to another road. The cops got called and they arrested me for trespassing even though I was already off the property. I told the judge the arrest was "bull shit" I was just passing through and I didn't steal or destroy any property and I got put away for almost 2 months.

Feels good to be free again and no I wouldn't take it back that was some bull shit. I could understand a warning or few days in the slammer but that was over the top.

Reactions: Tude and Shwillam

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
Two months for walking across a field...I can't believe that shit.
Nor can I believe that the type of person who calls in a 'crime' like that is actually alive and walking on this planet. Some people don't realize that type of pig-headedness has serious consequences for other people. Dude probably feels like a caped superhero.

jojoofu

Reaction score
Two months for walking across a field...I can't believe that shit.
Nor can I believe that the type of person who calls in a 'crime' like that is actually alive and walking on this planet. Some people don't realize that type of pig-headedness has serious consequences for other people. Dude probably feels like a caped superhero.

It was more because I cursed at the judge. I probably would have walked out after a night in jail if I hadn't done that. I still think it was dumb to be arrested for trespassing when I clearly was off the property and intended no harm. The cop was being a total ass too. Normally I'm quite friendly with the police and they never give me any problems. I think this particular cop was taking some anger out on me.

D

Deleted member 8978

True story. Years ago, I parked my SUV next to a railway south of Unadilla, GA to watch for trains. I was also parked next to a corn field. Some guy in a truck pulled up next to me and I asked him "Am I trespassing?" and he said yes. I was able to leave at that rate and never got called in or nothing.

In a way, Georgia decided to be more strict with many common laws including trespassing. Only dumber politicians can make punishments more severe.

A

AlwaysLost

I decided to take a shortcut across a farm in Georgia to get to another road. The cops got called and they arrested me for trespassing even though I was already off the property. I told the judge the arrest was "bull shit" I was just passing through and I didn't steal or destroy any property and I got put away for almost 2 months.

Feels good to be free again and no I wouldn't take it back that was some bull shit. I could understand a warning or few days in the slammer but that was over the top.

Holy shit that sucks bro!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads