Don't know what to do | Squat the Planet

Don't know what to do

Vagabond82

Reaction score
4101-4399 W 7th St, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
So my bus ticket is purchased, bags are packed, my plans set, but my step-father is currently in the Little Rock VA hospital close to death. Stage 4 Hepatic Carcinoma, also metastatic so the cancer has spread to his lungs and stomach. Kidneys failing and belly distended due to infection. Really never had a good relationship with him, but with how the VA is taking care of him it's causing my anger issues to resurface.

Should I stay put in Arkansas, support my family who has hardly ever supported me, and risk blowing my temper on the VA doctors once the stepfather passes due to their malpractice. Or should I go ahead and leave on March 1st and not look back to keep myself under control. It's taken me a long time to put my anger in control. Haven't lost it in many, many years since I was a teen. I know if I stay the chance is high that I could hurt someone the moment I hear he's passed away, but if I go I keep myself and others safe by avoiding hearing bad news.

D

Deleted member 125

whether or not you decide to leave or stay yer gonna get bad news sooner or later if its as serious as you say it is. i havnt spoke to my dad in over 10 years and heard about 6 or 7 ago that he had become sick and was in the hospital for a while, it didnt phase me. it crosses my mind from time to time now how ide of felt if he died and ive pretty much came to the conclusion that it wouldnt bother me too much. i have no relationship with him and i think hes a horrible cold man who was never around for his family when they needed him.

so its up to you whether or not you wanna be there or live yer own life. i dont know yer anger issues but do you think not being there would not make you any more upset then being there? thats a hard question to answer because its really up to you.

Tony Pro

Reaction score
Website
gavincwillow.wordpress.com
Regret is its own form of cancer; don't expose yourself to it. Any chance you could tie up enough loose ends before March to make everyone happy?
I think you should go, but def. don't burn any bridges with your family, and come back if they need you.

tacopirate

Reaction score
I have to agree, it sounds like you have already decided it would be best to go. Tough one, man, I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Wish I could offer better advice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads