Dog hasn't missed a riot in years | Squat the Planet

Dog hasn't missed a riot in years

klots

Reaction score
There has been lots of riots and protests from both anarchists and workers in Athens, Greece specially the past few years. One interesting thing is that there is one dog that is spotted at these riots from 2008 till today
dog-with-rioters.jpg

December 12. 2008
riot-dog-2008-2.jpg

December 17. 2008
dog-riot.jpg

December 18. 2008

riot-dog-2008.jpg

December 22. 2008

It is the same dog on every picture and it is funny how it takes part in riots over several years. It is not sure but it has been guessed that the owner is one of the demontrators.
dog-riot-2.jpg

January 9. 2009
dog-police.jpg

March 4. 2009
dog-at-riot.jpg

May 9. 2009
dog-at-clashes.jpg

December 6. 2009
dog-at-riots.jpg

February 24. 2010
dog5march.jpg

March 5. 2010

11marchdog.jpg

dog11march.jpg

March 11. 2010
65943.jpg

JahDucky

Reaction score
I love the march 4th picture of the dog.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
haha that dog is so badass. my dog could chill like that but she's a pussy ass under stressful situations.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
That dog is awesome. Where are they, Russia?

There has been lots of riots and protests from both anarchists and workers in Athens, Greece specially the past few years. One interesting thing is that there is one dog that is spotted at these riots from 2008 till today

I guess you did not read the original post at all.......

klots

Reaction score
it seems that the dog is a stray dog who lives on the plaza of the alto / anarcho-district.
apparently street dogs in Greece are caught and castrated / sterilised and then released with a special collar
according to some greek people this is one of those doggies.

klots

Reaction score
copypaste from another forum:

Mowgli said:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/DOG-OF-THE-YEAR/361692803726

"Dear friends, i am from Athens and i knew this dog, because it was a
legent. His name was Kanellos. The photos are not fake, but the date is
wrong. Kanellos, passed in Julie 2008. He lived all these years in the
campus univercity of athens and he rest in peace there. See the
facebook group ” o skylos o kanellos”."

Dieje is 17 mensenjaren geworden.

n1114069360_30080966_2669.jpg

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FTaVgqSiIk&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5FTaVgqSiIk&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

f8upp356583202.jpg

George Greece

I live in Athens, in exarxeia and this dog is very famous and everybody feeds and loves this animal.BUT his name is LOUK,from Loukanikos a word that means sausage,because he used to eat sausages all the time.He lives on the street,he has no master and he, allong with 4-5 other dogs comes to every demonstration here in ahens.You will find him every day in MESOLLOGIOU street,where ALEXANDROS GRIGOROPOULOS,a 15 year old student was shot by the police.

KANELLOS was another dog that used to act the same,but he died two years ago and now he is buried by comrades inside the Polytechneio university in Athens,where the uprising against dictatorship took place,in 1973.The members of Indymedia athens,used to feed him.Also when Kanellos was caught by the dog catcher 4 years ago,a demo of 400 people took place and we released him from the dog catcher!You can find his grave inside the university.Kanello RIP!

These dogs live in Exarxeia and they don’t belong to nobody.We call them”the dogs of the movement” and there many of them, such as ROZA,DICK,RIBO,PETROS,LOUCY.Its funny but they are our comrades,we protect and feed them and they protect us as well.

Here are some videos of comrade Kanellos,a legend of Exarcheia!

... re=related

beermilkshake

Reaction score
Yeah I heard this from a Spainard on a train who who was living in Athens. She said there are hundreds of stray dogs in the city and people feed them and treat them like their own pets.

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
I was just reading a zine about kanellos the other day. According to the zine he got maced in a riot and lost the ability to use his back legs so they made him a weelchair and threw a big party for him when he got old.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads