DiY Out Of A Backpack

Luna Walsh

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for projects or crafts that you could carry with you in a backpack? I'm housed up atm and have been brewing a lot of tinctures. Since all you need for those is a jar, alcohol, and herbs, I'd be able to brew those in my backpack whenever I travel next. I've also been wanting to learn some basic whittling since the tools are pretty cheap and you can find scrap wood everywhere. Since I have a place to stay for now I figured this would be a good time to learn some new skills.

Reactions: Batsy

Drengor

Reaction score
Whittling and bracelet making are what I stick to. I've already got my knife on me so picking up scrap wood's no issue. Bracelet/simple jewelry things stuff relatively small too. What sorts of tinctures do you make?

Luna Walsh

Reaction score
Whittling and bracelet making are what I stick to. I've already got my knife on me so picking up scrap wood's no issue. Bracelet/simple jewelry things stuff relatively small too. What sorts of tinctures do you make?
Currently I'm brewing four. A dandelion one, a valerian one, and two weed ones (one made of vodka and the other made of apple cider vinegar). All of those should be done by the end of march at the latest. A few months ago, I made a really good one out of mugwort, kava, valerian root, and skullcap for anti anxiety/sleep and it worked out really really well. What kind of things have you whittled?

Reactions: Batsy
D

Deleted member 2626

started hand spinning my dogs wools into yarn. jut today started sewing word patches. I've carried buckskin to make pouches. writing and drawing. too job on the tinctures. hoping to establish more of these this summer. I've made a garlic tincture but not much else.

Luna Walsh

Reaction score
started hand spinning my dogs wools into yarn. jut today started sewing word patches. I've carried buckskin to make pouches. writing and drawing. too job on the tinctures. hoping to establish more of these this summer. I've made a garlic tincture but not much else.
Damn thats awesome about the doggie yarn. What kind of dog do you have?

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Basket weaving works well for me. The tools you need are few and if you research and become familiar with different weaving materials available from the wild in different locations, it can be a very nomadic craft pursuit.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads