Desert Rose

Desert Rose

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Desert Rose. A little about me:

-I rigged out a Chevy G20 van to live out of last year. Went all the way from Kentucky to Arizona, stayed out west a couple of months. I was going to stay the winter and live out of my van, but the desert wasn't doing my eye condition any favors and I met this wonderful person back east on an anarchist dating group on Facebook, so I headed back this way to be with him. We lived in my van together for a week before we got housed up in this artist's house in town.
-I work in healthcare and have a decent job, but corporate healthcare is so draining when profits are put over sick patient and employee welfare. It's extremely stressful and depressing and affects my quality of life outside of work as well, particularly on the days after I work overnight. Totally fucks me up. I do not see myself doing this forever, that's for certain. I feel like I would really enjoy doing something wellness-related for work, like massage therapy, yoga teaching, or working as an herbalist, but as far as formal education goes I really don't want to spend thousands of dollars on it. I also would like to work on a farm for a while, as I grew up on a farm and love working with my hands out in the fresh air, not boxed up in some fluorescent-lit office. Got an interview lined up for a vegetable farm internship starting out on a $600 a month stipend that increases as the season progresses. Wish me luck!
-My dream is to live off the land in communion with the natural order of the world rather than against it.

I'm here to try to figure out life alternatives, learn (really enjoy reading up the lit in the library here), and get some advice and ideas on how to sustainably live the free life. Always looking to improve!

-Desert Rose

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads