Depressing rant on my home state | Squat the Planet

Depressing rant on my home state

DFA

Reaction score
Website
wemakezines.ning.com
My pessimism could probably be related to the fact that I've had an awful year, bad breakup, all my squats getting evicted
by wall st. whores, moving three times, etc. but I'm going to keep it real and say, I have lived in California all my life.
Because of this I've seen the state get pretty dry during some points of the season, but this drought is starting to SCARE
me.
And what is even more appalling is all the people I see washing their cars and ugly lawns, broken sprinklers,
and lest not forget, my personal favorite THE FUCKING GOLF COURSES and all the other asshats I see
acting like it's business as usual, trying to ignore the impending apocalypse facing the western united states.
I can't even imagine what it's going to be like once water rationing starts, everyone is so used to someone else
taking care of them that everyone will lose their shit and start rioting.

Frankly, I don't want to be here when that happens and I'm getting bad anxiety,
not to mention I've been here too long, and while california is my home, however this place and
the people that live/move here make me fucking Miserable with a capitol M.
I am sick of the pop culture assumption that my home state is this big, drug taking, hippie loser,
do-whatever-the-fuck-you-want-with-no-consequences-or-accountability free for all.
It makes me want to kill myself 20 times.
To all the human trash that moves here, I wish you the best of luck when the water you use to wash
your ferrari is dried up.

Anyway, sorry for this rant.
I guess the point I'm trying to get too is, I need to move out of state.

Reactions: Anagor and Dmac

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I take it you haven't seen this ... There's more at the link but I think we got the idea ... Last night's news stated wells were running dry. Very sad.

Oprah Winfrey 'hires $15K water tankers to hose the garden of her 40-acre estate' amid rising California drought restrictions

In an effort to reduce her bills from the Montecito Water District - which have increasingly surged over the last three years as a record drought continues to cripple California - Oprah Winfrey has reportedly been sending a fleet of water tankers to her 40-acre Santa Barbara property to maintain her gardens.

The well-to-do residents of Montecito - the wealthiest suburb in Santa Barbara county - were warned in November that, without a 30 percent reduction in water at each home, the town would effectively run dry.

But rather than let their manicured grounds desiccate, locals like Winfrey have found other ways to keep the grass green.

Tankers carrying 5,000 gallons of water have been seen arriving at the gates of the former TV titan's $87 million palace, neighbors have told

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fornia-estate-avoid-drought-restrictions.html

S

spectacular

yeah it's gonna get ugly in cali pretty soon if there isn't some rain... necessity is the mother of invention and also not acting like a wasteful douche

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads