Definition of \"hippy\" | Squat the Planet

Definition of \"hippy\"

C

Crazycoon

So I was just wondering, cause theres sooo much surronding this term, word, insult, whatever it is. What is all yer defenition of a "Hippy"
(How the hell do you spell defanition?)

S

solo

If you want to know what an American hippie is read The Fifth Sacred Thing. For a short answer, I would say the culture is very much like diy punk. In some cities we share the same dumpsters, FNB, free boxes and even the same houses. But usually hippies are into pacifism, and with a heaping spoon of eastern spirituality or religion mixed in. However some punks are pacifist and some hippies pick up weapons like the Weather Underground.... Probably the biggest difference is the shallowest one: aesthetics.

M

Mouse

all I know is that in my old age (yes, 21 is old) I've started to hate both hippies and punks and fallen in love with NICE PEOPLE, despite what the call themselves.

C

Crazycoon

Definition of

solo wrote:
If you want to know what an American hippie is read The Fifth Sacred Thing. For a short answer, I would say the culture is very much like diy punk. In some cities we share the same dumpsters, FNB, free boxes and even the same houses. But usually hippies are into pacifism, and with a heaping spoon of eastern spirituality or religion mixed in. However some punks are pacifist and some hippies pick up weapons like the Weather Underground.... Probably the biggest difference is the shallowest one: aesthetics.

Good one!!!!

F

FrumpyWatkins

Definition of

Classifications of lifestyles and interests is a lame thing to do, be yourself don't join a group if it's not you.

Post edited by: FrumpyWatkins, at: 2007/03/16 11:57

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
Definition of

amen, frump.

this makes me think of the best picture I ever took of myself. it's just a pic of my feet. Left foot is wearin a homemade rope sole sandal, right is wearin my steel spiked rave boots that lace up to the knee.

C

Code Name Mary

Definition of

I hate naming myself as belonging to a certain sub-culture. It's fucking impossible, uncomfortable, unnatural and makes me itch. Trust me, I have tried (high school and puberty make humans do funny things)I have different pieces of personality that I express in different situations and while some would say that makes me a poser, I say that it makes me human. why do we feel the need to be something..punk, hippy, crusty, metal, goth, prep, yuppie, etc. why can't we just fucking BE. I hate it when I see people trying so hard to be different that they box themselves into a stereotype they can't escape from. in answer to the beginning post. hippies, are people and that's all.

C

chickenbone

Definition of

HIPPIE n. 1. person who is very smelly and loves trees.

damn, i guess i'm a hippie.

Post edited by: chickenbone, at: 2007/04/28 11:41

A better World

Reaction score
Definition of

come up with your own definition of hippy most hippies hearts are in the right place but they spend too much time on acid watching pink floyds the wall whatever fuck it im a hippy

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Definition of

There used to be more of a difference, before punk was commercialized, but it's only a musical and visual style.

moe

Reaction score
Definition of "hippy"

hippies are dirty and so are punks,
they're probably not so much different from each other and all it is is different influences, different looks, different generations,
they were standing up for peace, and then ten, fifteen years later the punks go, "fuck it, were moving on"

Post edited by: sanFRANCIS, at: 2007/07/16 07:56

Definition of "hippy"

. i think that hippies and punx don't have to be labels they could simply be a matter of opinion, mind set, and choices.

Post edited by: odd, at: 2007/07/17 12:09

C

Clit Comander

Definition of

smegmabreath wrote:
punks is hippies
Not all the time, i know alot of punks who hate hippies.
one difference is a lot of hippies are pacifists and alot alot of punks can become violent.
(not all punks )

Definition of

drum circles can last hours and hours longer than any punk show. if it comes down to "hippies" vs "punks" harcore its gotta be called a tie.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads