Dealing with heat - shade tarp? | Squat the Planet

Dealing with heat - shade tarp?

amor fati

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
ive got a pretty sweet camp spot; heats up real quick when the sun is up tho & since my tent is stupidly bright colors, I covered it with a camo tarp. I threw this off as soon as I got up; it can't be helping the heat & the site is reasonably well hidden. I was thinking about getting a bigger camo tarp and rigging it more *above* the tent for shade. Is that worth bothering with or am I just fucked and need to choose between always getting up with the sun or move to a shady spot?

F

FrumpyWatkins

Go to a tractor supply or similar place and steal a small roll of shade cloth. It breathers more than woven vinyl, but doesn't keep rain...

N

nekesaurio

idk how this would help, or if you had to make a huge one... but maybe putting one on your tent door it would cool the air

Last edited:

Hylyx

Reaction score
Search Craigslist for Aluminet. YOu can sometimes score some for cheap(ish). Umm I'd describe it as super tough space blanket with lots of holes for airflow. Great stuff.
Here's a pic:
2394_6007_large.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads