• Hey folks, we've recently updated the forum software and are in the middle of getting everything back in place. I hope to have everything back online soon!

Suggestion Date n Time.

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I just thought that it might be useful to make the month/date/year for each thread/post stand out more. SOmething like larger font/bold/colour??

Might help people from committing the foul art of NECROMANCY!

Current Location
Harlan, IA
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
If you wanted to get real fancy, you could have different colors for different years.

Matt Derrick

StP Founder, Admin, and travel addict
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
that's a good suggestion. how about this?

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.05.18-16-23-26.png

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.05.18-16-23-11.png

I'm trying to accent it while keeping it subtle...

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Green stands out fine...good color for necromancy overall..

Honestly I think we may be in a pinch late to stop the dark grimoire arts...

Coywolf

Sir Drinks-A-Lot
StP Supporter
Current Location
Moab, UT
Reactions
95% 0% 4%
And what if I LIKE raising the dead?! Ever thinka THAT?!

::hungover::::hungover::::android::::android::::angelic::::angelic::::mask::::mask::

::is going to go back and revive a whole bunch of dead threads later:: ::bookworm:::cool:

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
::is going to go back and revive a whole bunch of dead threads later:: ::bookworm:::cool:
There's nothing inherently wrong with resurrecting an old thread if you have something relevant and useful to add. It only becomes a problem when folks reply to old road dawg posts and stuff like that. Hopefully this new feature will help people realize when the person "passing through SF" passed through three years ago. :p

Last edited:

Dameon

Vagabond
Current Location
SF Bay
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Another option, if necromancy specifically is the issue to address, is a little popup warning you if more than a certain amount of time has passed since the last post in the thread. If you click into the reply box, a little JS script could warn you if more than say 90 days have passed since the last response, and make it super obvious that you're late to the party.

Matt Derrick

Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Another option, if necromancy specifically is the issue to address, is a little popup warning you if more than a certain amount of time has passed since the last post in the thread. If you click into the reply box, a little JS script could warn you if more than say 90 days have passed since the last response, and make it super obvious that you're late to the party.
that's not a bad idea, i'll add it to my list of things to research.

DrewSTNY

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Current Location
Gang Mills, NY
Reactions
97% 0% 2%
Since this is related to threads that may have an expiration date, could threads in the dawg and ride sections have a default expiration of 7 days that could be changed by the OP if they have a more flexible schedule?

Matt Derrick

Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Slab City, CA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Since this is related to threads that may have an expiration date, could threads in the dawg and ride sections have a default expiration of 7 days that could be changed by the OP if they have a more flexible schedule?
we don't have a user-selectable pruning system in this message board software (at least not yet - ill look into it) so i've set the threads in certain sections (namely the road dogs and ride board) to auto-delete after 6 months with no reply. there is a pop up message that announces this in any section that has this feature active.

Donate to StP!

Hey folks, the donation widget is temporarily broken, so if you'd like to donate to help keep StP going with the paypal link below, I would sure appreciate it! There's a lot of new features I'm looking forward to bringing to the site (but unfortunately they cost money).

https://www.paypal.me/MatthewDerrick

Latest Status Updates

Found my first legit squat, pretty stoked about that.
Lots of positive things on the new format, the info on each member shows when they appear on a thread. I dig that a lot.
creature wrote on PeaceLoveHarmony's profile.
Peace, looks like you made it out of Prunedale ok!!

How was/is the show???
Halfmoon bay from monterey. Who out and about