Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I just thought that it might be useful to make the month/date/year for each thread/post stand out more. SOmething like larger font/bold/colour??

Might help people from committing the foul art of NECROMANCY!

Threads
Current Location
Slabs
Website
jerrellofearth.wordpress.com
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
If you wanted to get real fancy, you could have different colors for different years.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
that's a good suggestion. how about this?

screenshot-squattheplanet-com-2018-05-18-16-23-26-png.43189_Date n Time._Questions & Feedback_Squat the Planet_4:24 PM

screenshot-squattheplanet-com-2018-05-18-16-23-11-png.43190_Date n Time._Questions & Feedback_Squat the Planet_4:24 PM

I'm trying to accent it while keeping it subtle...

OP
OP
Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Earth
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Green stands out fine...good color for necromancy overall..

Honestly I think we may be in a pinch late to stop the dark grimoire arts...

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Barstow, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
And what if I LIKE raising the dead?! Ever thinka THAT?!

::hungover::::hungover::::android::::android::::angelic::::angelic::::mask::::mask::

::is going to go back and revive a whole bunch of dead threads later:: ::bookworm:::cool:

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Staff member
Threads
Current Location
Bellingham, WA
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
::is going to go back and revive a whole bunch of dead threads later:: ::bookworm:::cool:
There's nothing inherently wrong with resurrecting an old thread if you have something relevant and useful to add. It only becomes a problem when folks reply to old road dawg posts and stuff like that. Hopefully this new feature will help people realize when the person "passing through SF" passed through three years ago. :p

Last edited:

Dameon

Vagabond
Threads
Current Location
Northern California
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Another option, if necromancy specifically is the issue to address, is a little popup warning you if more than a certain amount of time has passed since the last post in the thread. If you click into the reply box, a little JS script could warn you if more than say 90 days have passed since the last response, and make it super obvious that you're late to the party.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Another option, if necromancy specifically is the issue to address, is a little popup warning you if more than a certain amount of time has passed since the last post in the thread. If you click into the reply box, a little JS script could warn you if more than say 90 days have passed since the last response, and make it super obvious that you're late to the party.
that's not a bad idea, i'll add it to my list of things to research.

DrewSTNY

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Gang Mills, NY
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Since this is related to threads that may have an expiration date, could threads in the dawg and ride sections have a default expiration of 7 days that could be changed by the OP if they have a more flexible schedule?

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Since this is related to threads that may have an expiration date, could threads in the dawg and ride sections have a default expiration of 7 days that could be changed by the OP if they have a more flexible schedule?
we don't have a user-selectable pruning system in this message board software (at least not yet - ill look into it) so i've set the threads in certain sections (namely the road dogs and ride board) to auto-delete after 6 months with no reply. there is a pop up message that announces this in any section that has this feature active.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

why do people come on this site just to behave like assholes ? is there some perverse satisfaction in irritating a whole community of people ? \/ \/ \/ (not you Shaggy, the fool below you) \/ \/ \/
I saved a litter of puppies for a neighbor from the cold, now if i can get the shots {around 40$ max} i got me a baby blue pit.
Zero tolerance for the bullshit you insist.
I'm out here, see you!!
Brain is so scattered :(
cant stay still any longer
been down for a while now... stuck in one town all summer... got my job back at ski hill but dont have dr permission to work. oops
What a weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out for making this years Jamboree so incredible. You're all excellent. Come back again soon!
If I could afford an RV that would be great but living off my bicycle is good enough! Article on more and more people living in RVs, I say, why not? It's freedom!
https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/1-million-Americans-live-in-RVs-Meet-the-modern-13383991.php#photo-8084882
going to try hitching with my dog next month, should go well, he loves car rides.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Sicsocks