DALLAS, TX // DFW HOP // L.A. // I am a mind bender, looking for the next big thing.

PPAANNTTHHEERR

Reaction score
Im just a dude who wants to travel more and do it the right way, I want to sneak through the yards and take the scenic route to L.A. I know some of the ropes but NEED to know more! What more can I say?

I haven't hopped in Dallas/Ft.worth. I want to make it to L.A. and back and wondering if anyone has done so, how many cart hops?..ect

NEED TO KNOW.

-Experience in DFW hop
-Signs of busts
-Time tbls
-Should I get a walkie talkie?

As much as I wish I could be a free rider and just ride the train. I want to know as much as possible about "where that train is going". I know where I want to go and I know how I want to get there.Thanks.

-Ppaanntthheerr

D

Deleted member 125

its amazing to me how you can be able enough to sign up to the site but not able to read or find any of the information regarding stuff you NEED to know. use google, goto the yard and watch trains, get a WALKIE TALKIE what the fuck are you kidding me? yes get a walkie talkie and set it to "train information" that station never fails. time tables...signs of busts...god damnit...

my advice would be to catch a southbound in texas so you are as close to the border as possible, thats the most scenic route, also the safest. make yerself clearly visable at all times because that shows immigration that you arnt afraid of being pulled off. everyone knows texas is cake to ride through so you shouldnt have any problems.

PPAANNTTHHEERR

Reaction score
its amazing to me how you can be able enough to sign up to the site but not able to read or find any of the information regarding stuff you NEED to know. use google, goto the yard and watch trains, get a WALKIE TALKIE what the fuck are you kidding me? yes get a walkie talkie and set it to "train information" that station never fails. time tables...signs of busts...god damnit...

my advice would be to catch a southbound in texas so you are as close to the border as possible, thats the most scenic route, also the safest. make yerself clearly visable at all times because that shows immigration that you arnt afraid of being pulled off. everyone knows texas is cake to ride through so you shouldnt have any problems.

Thanks. I might sound a bit of a pest but i am just overly-stoked to get out there, I joined like two days ago and have been on the site day in day out, I have and will keep on reading the forums it's just always nice to hear some feedback quickly in forums and it is much appreciated.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads