News & Blogs - [cw] RIP in San Diego: 3 dead, more injured, camping in tunnel | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs [cw] RIP in San Diego: 3 dead, more injured, camping in tunnel

Androoshka

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I came from living in Eugene, Oregon for 10 years, and the drivers in much of California scare me. Luckily, SD is a lot better than LA or Silicon Valley. It's bad when you are doing 70mph and public busses are passing you. In any case, that's sad about those people. I couldn't read the article (required paid subscription) - did the vehicle go into the tunnel?

RavenOnTheNethervoid

Reaction score
[...] In any case, that's sad about those people. I couldn't read the article (required paid subscription) - did the vehicle go into the tunnel?
Apologies, the settings on the site might've changed. Don't recall a paywall when posted. Before the wall came up, i scanned through a bit to double-check & refresh memory: There was a camp on the sidewalk of the tunnel; possibly impaired driver allegedly jumped the curb.

Yeah, definitely sad. Seemed important to post -- in case any loved ones are on stp; to honour & remember them somewhere more accepting, as houseless peeps are often marginalized and forgotten, in so many ways, by mainstream house-privileged; caution (for sidewalk surfing, camping, hanging out, driving).

May the ones who passed on rest in peace, and may the survivors be healed.

Be safe, all.

• Agree
Reactions: Big George W

Groundscore

Reaction score
Quick tip on most paywall sites: Whenever you hit one, close your browser to start with a new one and hit the "x" or "stop" button as soon as ANY text starts to load. This will allow you to bypass most paywalls, as long as they come after the article starts loading. - You won't get photos typically with this method, but at least you'll be able to read a LOT more articles for free.

I couldn't read the article (required paid subscription) - did the vehicle go into the tunnel?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads