Completed / Resolved ctrl+c removes all text in reply box?

Threads
Current Location
New York, New York
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Why the fuck does hitting ctrl+c when typing a reply delete everything I've typed?

I often connect through shitty internet, so I get into the habit of doing a ctrl+a (select all text) followed by a ctrl+c (copy selected text to clipboard) immediately before I click "Post Thread." This way, if there is an issue with the internet, I don't have to re-type my post. I can just refresh, paste, and click "post."

I can't tell you how many times I've done this on stp, only to have my post forever trashed. When I type "ctrl+c" it just deletes everything I've typed. Why?!?!?!

Can this be fixed?

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Why the fuck does hitting ctrl+c when typing a reply delete everything I've typed?

I often connect through shitty internet, so I get into the habit of doing a ctrl+a (select all text) followed by a ctrl+c (copy selected text to clipboard) immediately before I click "Post Thread." This way, if there is an issue with the internet, I don't have to re-type my post. I can just refresh, paste, and click "post."

I can't tell you how many times I've done this on stp, only to have my post forever trashed. When I type "ctrl+c" it just deletes everything I've typed. Why?!?!?!

Can this be fixed?
yeah, this is definitely not an issue with StP, but rather something wrong with your computer.

just fyi, stp automatically saves what you type in the reply box every 60 seconds. what is saved stays in that box for up to 24 hours, so (assuming the 60 seconds has passed and you've typed something in the box) you can even reload the page and your typed text should still be in the reply box.

moved thread and added more detailed title

Threads
Current Location
Dallas
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
Maybe the browser/OS/keyboard has remapped Ctrl-C to Ctrl-X. You could test this by immediately Ctrl-V to see if the text is pasted back in.

OP
OP
unrulywaunder
Threads
Current Location
New York, New York
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
> Can't reproduce it. Perhaps you hit ctrl-x by accident?

> Maybe the browser/OS/keyboard has remapped Ctrl-C to Ctrl-X. You could test this by immediately Ctrl-V to see if the text is pasted back in.

lol. I definitely am hitting ctrl+c. A cut would be fine; it's not in my clipboard at all.

I utilize a lot of privacy-oriented modifications in my browser. For example 'dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled' is set to 'false' in firefox to prevent websites from being able to control my clipboard (ie: copy blockers). I also block javascript on all domains and only whitelist only as needed. And I have several other privacy-enhancing plugins.

I don't really care to debug this further, but it's most likely a malfunctioning script as a result of these customizations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$40.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

why do people come on this site just to behave like assholes ? is there some perverse satisfaction in irritating a whole community of people ? \/ \/ \/ (not you Shaggy, the fool below you) \/ \/ \/
I saved a litter of puppies for a neighbor from the cold, now if i can get the shots {around 40$ max} i got me a baby blue pit.
Zero tolerance for the bullshit you insist.
I'm out here, see you!!
Brain is so scattered :(
cant stay still any longer
been down for a while now... stuck in one town all summer... got my job back at ski hill but dont have dr permission to work. oops
What a weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out for making this years Jamboree so incredible. You're all excellent. Come back again soon!
If I could afford an RV that would be great but living off my bicycle is good enough! Article on more and more people living in RVs, I say, why not? It's freedom!
https://www.sfgate.com/business/article/1-million-Americans-live-in-RVs-Meet-the-modern-13383991.php#photo-8084882
going to try hitching with my dog next month, should go well, he loves car rides.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Sicsocks