Crusty pants questions? | Squat the Planet

Crusty pants questions?

Alleycat Matt

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering two things about crusty pants.

1) How do I blackout the floss? I've tried using ink and it just turns this ugly grey color and rubs off. I've wondering about spray paint, but I'm afraid of that chipping off everywhere. Who has had experience with sewing crusty pants with normal black thread? How well does it hold? Does it just fall apart?

Also...

2) How do I prevent the pants from tightening up?

Reactions: Mankini

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
1) How do I blackout the floss? I've tried using ink and it just turns this ugly grey color and rubs off. I've wondering about spray paint, but I'm afraid of that chipping off everywhere. Who has had experience with sewing crusty pants with normal black thread? How well does it hold? Does it just fall apart

Dental floss. There's no real way to black it out, you just need to hop alot of coal and sit in the dirt. Don't wash em and they'll black out. Regular thread will fall apart. And yeah, spray paint would chip off eventually. Too much friction.

About 2, I have no idea.

Alleycat Matt

Reaction score
Um... patches are what are holding my pants TOGETHER because of wearing them and not washing them... and they're getting tight because of fixing them.. they started as normal black pants.

Reactions: Mankini

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
sew the patches on while you wear them, and yeah just dont wash them, hence the crust in crustpants

Alleycat Matt

Reaction score
i've tried sewing them while wearing them, and as soon as i try to put them back on they still seem too tight. also, how am i suppose to fix the crotch while wearing them? should i just give up and get a pair of thermals to wear underneath so my dick and ass isn't falling out constantly?

Reactions: Nelco

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
its a pain in the butt to sew with and it tends to get all over. the sinew is like 10 times stronger than floss and it comes in black
I thought the wax in dental floss has to do with a big part of it being so strong. Why unwaxed?

That's only for dental floss. Natural sinews are made from tendons and connective tissues. They're strong enough as it is. Artificial sinews are just as good. And yeah, its a big pain in the fuckin ass to sew with waxed sinew. Go to the store and see how stiff they are unwaxed, then you'll understand

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i've never even considered coloring dental floss in ....lol...i'm just patching a hole..i could care less what color the thread is.....but that's just me.
if pants dont fit no more, can always panhandle the money up for a new pair at hot topics! kidding

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads