Photos - Critical Mass Chiang Mai | Squat the Planet

Photos Critical Mass Chiang Mai

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Photos from Critical Mass Chiang Mai on January 30th, 2015. First two photos are mine and the rest were stolen from the Critical Mass Chiang Mai Facebook page. Fifth photo shows me looking super dorky with a headlamp.

cY59vDX.jpg
PhPxyV2.jpg
KJ3Nzsw.jpg
eKQCeWH.jpg
Od2AecN.jpg
Scfj28p.jpg

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
whoa, my first thought was damn, i didn't expect there to be so many white/american kids.

D

Deleted member 20

Expatriates & tourists riding bikes at night without traffic in a place where a huge portion of the population already rides bicycles as primary transportation anyway. Dosent seem to have the same feel as protesting on two wheels, blocking traffic as the wage slaves beep their horns & give the finger because they still have an hour commute out to the burbs ahead of them to reunite them with a waiting soccermom & both over achiever 4 eyed kids. no dog either since the precious anglo children have dander allergies in addition to peanuts & gluten. Thanks for the pics Molotov, FTW

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Expatriates & tourists riding bikes at night without traffic in a place where a huge portion of the population already rides bicycles as primary transportation anyway.
Traffic is actually fucking crazy in Chiang Mai and the largest vehicles have right of way. There are some cyclists but most people ride motorbikes here. it was a lot more insane than the pictures show.

D

Deleted member 20

I am sure it is insane there @MolotovMocktail What scares me is that mobilization & globalization go hand & hand. As emerging economies grow the demand for larger vehicles grows. Countries that had historically were farming cultures are constantly becoming industrialized & urban/suburban cultures with commuting vehicles. The grandfather farmer who never commuted & worked his rural land now has all of his children who have lived in cities & road bicycles to & from work. Their children are all riding motorcycles but the fear that this next generation is now buying cars and the planet cant sustain the pollution. I think we need to get away from measuring wealth in bigger is better like cars & stick to keep it simple like with bicycles.

http://www.globalsherpa.org/world-bike-market-eco-indicator-international-development

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads