Crater lake National park, Crater Lake, Or.

Acorn

Wayfaring Wanderer
Reaction score
Beautiful, period. I wound up here by almost a kind of accident but i'm glad I did. The lake used to be a volcano that collapsed in on itself. It's one the deepest lakes in America. From the top it's about a 1,000 foot drop till the water. there's no rivers or streams leading in or out..so hella mosquitos. But it's amazing.. if yer ever in oregon a little north of K-falls Check it out!

• Useful
Reactions: Joni

flashinglights

Reaction score
A few years ago I drove with a friend, almost entirely over forest roads from Eugene to Crater Lake. There's a spot southeast of Cottage Grove where you can pick up the forest service roads and don't have to leave them till a few miles from Crater Lake. Fantastic place, truly unique.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
Agreed. Made it to Crater Lake by accident myself once. What I refer to as my 'Ballast Train Incident' took place just north of K-Falls, leaving me and a buddy stranded just near there. Beautiful area, ice-cold streams, and nothing upon nothing for miles. Definitely a spot I'd like to see again, maybe for a little extended camping.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads