Passing through Washington DC?

D

Deleted member 11443

My roommate is donating bone marrow, the company set he and a friend (that's me) up with free airfare and hotel here a little outside DC for a week, figured I'd relay some info for anyone passing through.
It seems that it's pretty easy to busk in the metro station tunnels, the trains run every 10 mins, people always going somewhere. Busiest stations are the metro center, smithonian, ect. Can't busk on the metro itself,but you could even set up right outside the ecelators at the top of a station. People walking around with white boxes everywhere, I saw 3 girls give a couple homeless men their leftovers just walking around China town a couple blocks. Don't panhandle at the national mall (all the monuments), cops, secret service, everywhere. In DC you can walk around with weed in your pocket/bag (under an oz) but you can't smoke it publicly. If you're caught with it, it's basically getting a ticket but that's all. Lots of places to sneak off to and sleep incognito, a little outside DC is this city called crystal city (from metro center take blue line to Rosslyn $5, then transfer to the yellow line there and take it to crystal city, probably another 5 bucks) a really nice place, free wifi everywhere, kind of rich people but as long as you aren't a ass hole you'll find a safe place to sleep, get some food kicked down to you, and the tracks are right there. There's a great gay bar called freddies, drag shows ever Saturday, they're great haha. Hope this helps someone out in the future! Happy travels my friends

Reactions: Kal

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads