Couch Offered Couches at a co-op in Eugene (1 Viewer)

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
Hey yall. It's summertime and I know a lot of folks are gonna be rollin through Eugene. I live at a co-op near the UO campus and we can occasionally put travelers up for a night or two when we're not busy!

It's a giant mansion with like 20 people living here, and a lot of em are in school so you gotta be respectful. We've had some pretty bad experiences with travelers being shitbags recently, and the roommates are just starting to be open to having new folks in our space again, so pleeeease don't fuck up my ability to help people out in the future. I really miss meeting travelers and hearing stories from the road, it keeps my housie ass sane. No obnoxious shwilliness, no agro shit, no hard drugs in the house, no overstaying your welcome, do some fuckin dishes, blah blah, you know the drill. We're a queer friendly and inclusive space so know about pronouns and how not to be a jerk. Punks preferred, keep any super woo-woo/wook shit on the DL please, we live in Eugene and have plenty of that already thanks. We got lots of people who play music and a huge front porch for chillin. We got a lot of space so we can put up several people at a time. Dogs are kinda iffy, but we can talk about it. You can cook a meal, take a shower, do some laundry, check out our free pile, do some art, help out with DIY projects, or make some friends.

Hit me up if this sounds good and you're in town!

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
ah that sounds awesome, i haven't been in eugene in forever. i don't get out of walla walla until the end of august, but if you're still around I'd love to come by and buy some beers for ya'll. i have my own car to stay in and im making my way down the coast to the slabs so i'll be coming through that area anyways :)

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
ah that sounds awesome, i haven't been in eugene in forever. i don't get out of walla walla until the end of august, but if you're still around I'd love to come by and buy some beers for ya'll. i have my own car to stay in and im making my way down the coast to the slabs so i'll be coming through that area anyways :)
Oof, I'm heading back to the UK/Europe for a month-ish starting early August, returning mid September... But I'm flying out of Seattle, so if I head up there early enough maybe I can swing by Walla Walla and we can kick it!

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
That would be cool, feel free to hit me up anytime! Are you going to the jambo? It's in November...
I'm certainly gonna try my best, I really wanna go! Is it gonna be at the slabs after all? Saw there was some talk of hosting it elsewhere but haven't checked in. I might need to get a ride with someone else either way, my car repair plans have taken a backseat to international travel lately.

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
yeah, it's gonna be on nov 8th over that weekend, we're gonna meet at the library and take a trek out to joshua tree to explore some abandoned mines :)
Fuckk yess that sounds like a good time, I will try my damndest to make it down there!! Also, if you pass through Eugene and I'm not here, there's still a good chance I can hook you up with my housemates if you do wanna check out the co-ops! They're good people and a few are ex-travelers/squatters.

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
I think I stayed where you're at back in 2016 on my first ever hitchhiking trip! Did y'all ever or do y'all host couchsurfers?
I've been living here solidly since 2015 so I was probably around! Yeah we host couchsurfers, we used to a lot more than we do lately.

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
What is "woo woo/ wook shit"?
Like shitty oogle stuff but instead the hippie version. Here are some wook classics: Obsession over "energy" or other abstract concepts when other people are clearly not into it and trying to have practical conversation, calling everyone "brother/sister" and being upset when asked to stop, talking about nothing but their past psychedelic drug experiences, deflecting legit criticism or disagreement with "you're just not reading my vibes" or some bullshit like that, off topic self-assured ranting about how enlightened you are, talking about conspiracy theories but getting very defensive or upset when opposing evidence is brought to the table or when people don't believe in it, tripping so hard they need a stranger to be their babysitter... You get the picture.

Des

Current Location
Lol
Gonna be down in Eugene in a few days, 2 very gay anarchists and a well behaved puppy. Would love a spot to crash for a night

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
Gonna be down in Eugene in a few days, 2 very gay anarchists and a well behaved puppy. Would love a spot to crash for a night
Send me a message when you get here, and if there are enough people around/not busy you can come over and meet us! We may or may not be able to house you up for a day or two depending on how you get along with everyone (we have a house agreement where multiple people have to approve guests) & the dog situation, we'll have to have the dogs meet and see. Just lemme know!

OP
jimi

jimi

Lurker
Current Location
Eugene
Thank you , jimi, for introducing an old dude to the kids' vocab for what we used to call "dirty smelly hippies", "hair-farmers", and/or "jerries" (as in Garcia) back in my day.
Ooooh damn "hair-farmers" is pretty good though

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
To grow hair is the main function of the hippie, jerry, or wook as i now know you kids call this annoying subspecies of nothing (literal translation of french dis "sous-espece de nul").

Of course, they also talk annoying shit, smell like ass and patchouli, try to play annoying stupid pointless music, and take drugs, but not always- the hair-farm never stops growing, and is seldom harvested.

They can generally be repelled, and even eliminated from the household, with generous applications of soap, Lysol, meat-grilling fumes, and loud sounds repellent to hippies (we used to use Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music back in my day, but perhaps the technology has advanced?).

Des

Current Location
Lol
Send me a message when you get here, and if there are enough people around/not busy you can come over and meet us! We may or may not be able to house you up for a day or two depending on how you get along with everyone (we have a house agreement where multiple people have to approve guests) & the dog situation, we'll have to have the dogs meet and see. Just lemme know!
sweet thanks just dropped ya a message. Also looking for any june 11th prisoner support events happening in town

Myatezhnik

Lurker
Current Location
Merced, CA
Hey yall. It's summertime and I know a lot of folks are gonna be rollin through Eugene. I live at a co-op near the UO campus and we can occasionally put travelers up for a night or two when we're not busy!

It's a giant mansion with like 20 people living here, and a lot of em are in school so you gotta be respectful. We've had some pretty bad experiences with travelers being shitbags recently, and the roommates are just starting to be open to having new folks in our space again, so pleeeease don't fuck up my ability to help people out in the future. I really miss meeting travelers and hearing stories from the road, it keeps my housie ass sane. No obnoxious shwilliness, no agro shit, no hard drugs in the house, no overstaying your welcome, do some fuckin dishes, blah blah, you know the drill. We're a queer friendly and inclusive space so know about pronouns and how not to be a jerk. Punks preferred, keep any super woo-woo/wook shit on the DL please, we live in Eugene and have plenty of that already thanks. We got lots of people who play music and a huge front porch for chillin. We got a lot of space so we can put up several people at a time. Dogs are kinda iffy, but we can talk about it. You can cook a meal, take a shower, do some laundry, check out our free pile, do some art, help out with DIY projects, or make some friends.

Hit me up if this sounds good and you're in town!
Might be hittin y’all up in the nearish future!

Inuyoujo

Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjoworks.weebly.com
Like shitty oogle stuff but instead the hippie version. Here are some wook classics: Obsession over "energy" or other abstract concepts when other people are clearly not into it and trying to have practical conversation, calling everyone "brother/sister" and being upset when asked to stop, talking about nothing but their past psychedelic drug experiences, deflecting legit criticism or disagreement with "you're just not reading my vibes" or some bullshit like that, off topic self-assured ranting about how enlightened you are, talking about conspiracy theories but getting very defensive or upset when opposing evidence is brought to the table or when people don't believe in it, tripping so hard they need a stranger to be their babysitter... You get the picture.
I do, in fact, get the picture. Thank you for explaining that to me.

sydaavicious

Lurker
Current Location
New Orleans
Is this still an option if I end up passing through Eugene in a few days? I live in my car so I can sleep outside if there’s not space but I’m definitely down to meet some people and maybe get at that shower

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

In Cleveland, Ohio Area
If I had one more freight hop left in me, maybe two, I would take an NS 27A (auto rack) to Macon, get shuttled to Warner Robins to visit my friends since I haven't seen them for quite a while, then head back to Macon. Next up, maybe I would stay put under a skirted piggyback heading southbound to Jacksonville just to explore the Macon/Valdosta districts.
who's in Grand Junction Colorado?
Feelin all bougie with a vehicle! Bigger badder adventures!
new bucket list. the national parks. all of them
Trying to hitch out this week!!
Need ride today from Vegas to Reno will help with gas
Headed to seattle soon lets hope the trains aren't too cold.
I caught a fucking cold at 2AM this morning, still sleepless...