Cornelius Vango disassociating myself from stp (2 Viewers)

Dameon

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hometown
Northern California
I think this thread might also be a classic textbook libel lawsuit, it's ok to point out rapists or possible escaped criminals, nicknamed drifters, but I think even super unkempt homeless people have the right to sue if they're lumped in for just being kind of a a-hole sometimes supposedly 'a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation. Character assassination.'
Thanks, but if we think we need legal advice, we'll hire a lawyer and listen to them, not get legal advice from some random stranger on the internet who apparently joined for the sole purpose of threatening us on Corn's behalf.

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Staff member
Hometown
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Corns video comments are taking a negative turn, the corn's a mildly famous person pretty much now alone in that library and this site will pretty much get ripped a new one if anything happens!
First off, how the hell is that our fault whatsoever? It isint like we are going on Corn's YT and trolling it or something. Or encouraging others to do so.

Secondly, please do not lump everyone on StP into one collective group. I still visit the library, and I will gladly pick stuff up for them/donate/help them if I go down to the slabs, and if I have the means/time to do so. I'm sure there are others on this site that share the same mentality.

That doesnt mean I know Corn personally, support them, or share the same ideas. Neither does it mean I have any Ill will towards them, or the library for that matter.

But when people come out and state that they are being emotionally abused, or being exposed to a toxic person, I damn sure am going to listen, and defend other users on this site and elsewhere, if the concerns are legitimate, which it sounds like they are.

roughdraft

RápidoCorrenLosCarrosRespletoLosRielesDFerrocarril
Hometown
"The Hamptons of the Chesapeake"
ya man I feel like this site is not only bringing information to people, but bringing people together- with stipulations dictated mainly by the owner and also by staff - some people in Untrustworthy / Shady are x, yes but if someone is just an unbearable asshole? and they can be exposed here? Nothing "law" level i could imagine.

OTTERWOLF

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Hometown
East Derby, CT
whoa... I can honestly state that I have never read anything like this in my entire life, it actually got my head spinning and took a day or two to fully digest, if even possible....

I will say this - some one punches my dog, that person is going to the hospital because I ain't letting that slide, and I could care less who did it.

Also - I grew up in NYC, turned 18 in 1983.... and yes, before you ask in my search for truth I explored every scene there was, including what was going on south of 14th street on the West Side....
I have many friends over many years of every single kind of race, nationality, creed, sexual orientation, you name it - but this is just plain nuts.

Also - I work with someone from the factory who is transgender [I hope I am doing this right] who in her mid 40s decided that she was done being a man and wanted to be a woman.

This is very easy for me to completely accept and never mess up with the new pronouns of she, her, etc.... because that's the only way I know this individual.

But for many who knew her prior to making the change, every now and then they slip up because it's a habit when your friends for a long time, and I don't care what anybody says but when a person makes a change like this - yes, it's a big deal for them - but it is also a big deal for all who knew this person because now they have to change their whole approach with getting the pronouns right, etc.... and if a person is friends with you or is a family member and sincerely makes a mistake and slips up, it should not be the end of the world and if it is then there's something even deeper going on that needs to be addressed.

I loved how open NYC was in the early 1980s, nobody was hiding anything - but at the same time everyone was getting along with one another because it was not being forced upon each other.

Some of what I am reading here is frightening, but then again, this is also a generational thing.

Folks like me and Olderthandirt see things one way, while the younger folks see it totally different.

This does not mean we are not all accepting, quite the contrary... a lot of us older folks are quite accepting, but we are also more understanding, forgiving than you might think but I sure as hell am not so hung up on all these new terms, which only cause seperation instead of unity here.

We are all human beings, all capable of love and great acts of compassion and heroic deeds, but at the same time we are also capable of horrible things as we all know all to well....

I was going somewhere but I can't even think straight this thread is so crazy, but at the same time I do feel is recommended reading.

It's also a valuable lesson on the evils of alcohol addiction, which seems to be a huge factor here.

I know when I was out of my mind back in 2010, I lost alot of very close friends though my own actions.
The thing is - I know today that I was wrong, and more importantly why.

Will I be able to ever salvage those lost relationships with people I deeply cared about and vice versa ??

I can't say, but I'm at least going to give it a try.

It just seems to me that this whole thread is about a simple misunderstanding made worse by alcohol abuse.

I could be wrong, but I could be right.............

cozmic

Hometown
PNW
I think this thread might also be a classic textbook libel lawsuit, it's ok to point out rapists or possible escaped criminals, nicknamed drifters, but I think even super unkempt homeless people have the right to sue if they're lumped in for just being kind of a a-hole sometimes supposedly 'a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation. Character assassination.'
I won't waste my time getting into the technical reasons why your threat of legal action is lame.

Also, what's with all the legal threats lately? Does anyone else think it's a little bizarre and uninspired?

People come into online forum. They make fools of themselves. People observe and establish that behavior was foolish. There's some bickering back and forth. More foolish behavior. Solution!? Lawsuit! What exactly do you want? Money? An ego hand job?

P.S. I got bored and looked at the Youtube. Most recent video was titled Slab City Library Is Shady And Untrustworthy. Who just wears their insecurities on their sleeves like that? It's quite unbecoming.

This person is either a troll or Slab City needs to learn a lesson in moving on. Probably both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $150.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Loaded 4 kids, 2 dogs, and a rat onto a Cadillac grainer outta Kirby yesterday. Yeeehaw! NOLA bound. Anyone with info outta Englewood Yd. In Houston would be much appreciated*
Eastbound from San Antonio! See ya soon nola.
Looking for someone or a group to travel with and show me the ropes. Total newbie
Free punk show HAAM benefit at BuzzSaw tonight 7pm in Austin!
Much nicer riding weather today! Howdy, Austin! I'll be around a few days I think, trying to get new tires on the motorbike before I move on.
Im in the bay headed to reno tonight, had a good week with good people and good miles. The tehachapi loop gets prettier every time.
Best part of unexpected kindness - (drum roll)
IT'S UNEXPECTED
Got to Beaumont. Fucking brrr, man. Someone remind me again what just what the hell am I doing in Texas?
leptospirosis--- possum piss in the water! feel awful! this is what killed lincons mum!! be careful of yoru water playmates!!!
Omg this shit happened again :( my love is back behide bars :( what can I do 2 make the most of the time I have now???

Members online