copper cup cook fire

Heath Bar

Reaction score
4325 Maryland St, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
On a rainier day a while back I was having real trouble getting a proper cooking fire going. All material was pretty wet and so was the ground. I had a copper cup i took from a bar that is used to drink cold whiskey mules. I had been using the cup as an ashtray for a while so ruining the cup wasnt much of a concern, just wanted to be able to cook up some food. I had some soy wax used to make candles that i melted down and filled up the cup with. For a wick i simply used tp. Because of how much wax I had in the cup a bigger wick was able to last for a long time. The wax lasted about 3-4 hours with the same piece of tissue as the butner. I blanced my metal grate over the cup and placed my pan on top. I put the whole set up in my tent which kept me warm and full. As you can imagine the cup was very hot so i placed it on a big rock so i didnt melt my tent. Took a while to cook my bacon but definitely worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 335
  • Useful
Reactions: Jone and AAAutin

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
I have the same cup dude. It's so handy, one of my favorite pieces of gear. I use it for tea, ramen, rice, coffee, etc or as an alternative for a fast food paper cup if I need a beverage. never thought about making a fire in it, but I have put it on top of fires. I found mine in union station in Denver on 4/20. It's copper with "RUSSIAN STANDARD VODKA" emblazoned on the side.

Reactions: Heath Bar

Heath Bar

Reaction score
4325 Maryland St, San Diego, CA 92103, USA
I have the same cup dude. It's so handy, one of my favorite pieces of gear. I use it for tea, ramen, rice, coffee, etc or as an alternative for a fast food paper cup if I need a beverage. never thought about making a fire in it, but I have put it on top of fires. I found mine in union station in Denver on 4/20. It's copper with "RUSSIAN STANDARD VODKA" emblazoned on the side.
mine is from colorado too believe it or not. i got it in fort collins

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
It's a stove made from a pop can. Burns rubbing alcohol. It's lightweight, free to mak, and very effective.

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads