Cooperative Games, Anarchist Games, ect.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
Alright, so I am stuck in Bro-country (aren't we all) and I am sick of going to parties or get togethers just to watch assholes play beerpong and stuff. One solution would be to only hangout with fellow radicals, but that isn't always possible and isn't always the best option.

I want people to post their games (and rules [if applicable] and instructions) that they play when in a group of bored people. Ideally they would be cooperative instead of competitive, but anything fun.

I have been trying to get people to play (with very limited success) That game where everyone has a piece of paper, and everyone draws a picture and then folds the paper and passes it. The next person looks at the picture and writes a caption and folds the paper and passes it, then the next person looks at ONLY the most recent picture or caption and responds with the opposite. Until you either run out of space or get your own paper back and read the ridiculous caption that goes with your original picture.

Also that game kumbati (somebody must know how to spell it) where people try to pull opponents on to their side of the field but have to be yelling kumbati (or however you spell it) while in opposing territory or else they become part of that team.

Wow, hopefully people participate in this thread, and hopefully y'all are better at explaining rules than I am.

wartomods

Reaction score
Pro Tip: get a bottle of white wine, some strong inhalable tobacco, a cool spot (bar,pub,cafe,forest,whatever) and have deep/shallow conversations through the night about anything at all and play the game of life.

btw:Chess, cards , domino or carcassone are good games.

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
I got one called "Whosit?". It's a drinking game, but it's more of a thinking game than most.

You need at least five people(more is always better), Some paper/pens, a large beer, and a hat/bucket/bag.

Everybody writes their name on a piece of paper, and puts it in the hat. One person is elected as the secret keeper. The keeper draws a piece of paper from the hat, reads the name(not out loud) and holds on to it. Then everybody else draws a piece of paper.

The keeper passes the beer to the person on their left, then the players pass their paper to the right, skipping the keeper. The person with the beer has to guess the name of the person who's paper the keeper is holding. If they get it wrong, they drink and pass the beer to the left, paper to the right. If they get it right, start a new round with someone else as the keeper.

The trick is to try to keep track of who's name you've already gotten and who's already been accused, all while getting more and more inebriated.

A good variation is instead of having everybody else draw, just the keeper draws, and one by one people write the name of who they think it is on a piece of paper and gives it to the keeper, who then confirms or denies it. Keep going until someone gets it right.

Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I have been trying to get people to play (with very limited success) That game where everyone has a piece of paper, and everyone draws a picture and then folds the paper and passes it. The next person looks at the picture and writes a caption and folds the paper and passes it, then the next person looks at ONLY the most recent picture or caption and responds with the opposite. Until you either run out of space or get your own paper back and read the ridiculous caption that goes with your original picture.

soooo this just happens to be my FAVORITE game of all time!(i always referred to it as picture word picture or exquisite corpse even though im not sure what the actual name of it is) i harrass people incessantly till they agree to play it with us and a grand time is always had by all:D the results are always hilarious, and we usually send them to our good friend whose in prison for some laughs. ohh hot dice is fun too!!

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
soooo this just happens to be my FAVORITE game of all time!(i always referred to it as picture word picture or exquisite corpse even though im not sure what the actual name of it is) i harrass people incessantly till they agree to play it with us and a grand time is always had by all:D the results are always hilarious, and we usually send them to our good friend whose in prison for some laughs. ohh hot dice is fun too!!

Oh yeah, I've heard it called Exquisite Corpse also. It's usually a bunch of fun.

bryce

Reaction score
Toe Tag!

Everyone stands in a circle, and takes turns trying to jump on each others' feet. Game starts, everyone's got a foot in the middle, somebody counts 'one, two, three, huah!' and everyone takes a giant leap backwards. The person who counted starts jumping first, and the deal is:

1. When you jump your feet have to leave the ground and land on the ground at the same time- they work as a unit.
2. You can jump only on your turn, or on someone else's turn and only while they jump.
3. On your turn you can either jump or fake-out jump
4. You're out if you jump sloppy, jump out of turn, someone lands on your foot(feet) or you fall over.

The game continues until a SHOWDOWN happens between the two best players. (my favorite part!) The winner gets to count-in the next round, and everyone comes back from being 'out'. I prefer playing this game barefoot, because sometimes it gets rough with shoes.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
it's the kind of thing where everyone needs to know the game and know that the game can start at any random time. when someone yells "shoe game", everyone tries to take off everyone else's shoes. the goal is to be the last person with a shoe on.

there is also a part b you can do, where you throw everyone's shoes in a pile, yell "go" and you try to get your shoes on and prevent others from getting theirs....

it's pretty fun, but you have to be careful, shit can get knocked over and broken. i forget what got broken at the sea shanty one night, but something. coulda sworn you were there.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
Rememberusername, I always called that game "sword fighting". Yeah, that is competitive and agility based, but whatever, at least it's not flipcup.

My favorite not at all cooperative or relationship building game is that one I learned in middle school where you trick someone into looking at you making a circle with your forefinger and thumb anywhere below your waist. Then you punch them... hm, there is probably a better way to end that game. Anyway, the only fun part about that game is that it's only played for a couple weeks every couple of years, so everyone forgets about it untill you look over and some asshole is grinning at you because you looked at their circle.

Bikegeek, I was not at the sea shanty but I do remember that game now.

nuckfumbertheory

Reaction score
We should keep this thread going. I love games.

I learned a game that I like a few years ago called "Do That Thing"

it's a charadesish kind of game.

group of people one person goes away so they don't hear the others decide on what the "thing" should be (some sort of action or situation)

when the "thing" is decided the person who went away is going to try and figure out what the "thing" is.

So the person will call on some other folks from the group and say "Do that thing while ___" filling in the blank with some other sort of action or situation and that person needs to act it out so the guesser can try to figure out what the original "thing" is. for instance if the group chose "falling on ice" and the guesser said "do that thing while playing a harmonica" the person would act like they are playing a harmonica while they fall on ice.

it is a really fun non-competitive game where your imagination is the limit.

you can have a limit on how many people they person guessing can choose I usually do they get three - five people before we tell them what it was and start a new round.

sprout

Reaction score
My favorite not at all cooperative or relationship building game is that one I learned in middle school where you trick someone into looking at you making a circle with your forefinger and thumb anywhere below your waist. Then you punch them... hm, there is probably a better way to end that game. Anyway, the only fun part about that game is that it's only played for a couple weeks every couple of years, so everyone forgets about it untill you look over and some asshole is grinning at you because you looked at their circle.

QUOTE]

d_game_number_2_button-p145226950184108694t5sj_400.jpg

Haha, my buddy has it tattooed on his leg.

I am also a huge fan of the picture/sentence game. Haven't played that in years.

Otherwise, on the road, we usually play dice and card games. Mostly, Hot Dice, High-Low, Gin Rummy, etc.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
What makes these "anarchist" games? Why does every fun activity have to have some sort of radical connotation? I remember when kickball was kickball without a bunch of PC labels being thrown on everything.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood, but this has always bothered me.

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
What makes these "anarchist" games? Why does every fun activity have to have some sort of radical connotation? I remember when kickball was kickball without a bunch of PC labels being thrown on everything.

Sorry, I'm in a foul mood, but this has always bothered me.

That's a good point Dirty Rig.
Originally, I meant games that are used to sharpen or teach cooperation related skills, or games meant to sharpen or teach direct action skills.

I don't really see how "anarchist" is a PC label, to me it seems like more people use PC as a label. In anycase, kickball is just kickball, but depending on your approach to it, you can get different things out of it.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
For the record, I wasn't trying to be a dick, Gudj. I know this was posted with good intentions. But I'm a lot more likely to show up to a "softball game" than an "anarchist softball game" haha

barnaclebones

Reaction score
Ok... these are games that i think were designed to be played on a boat... cuz of the pitching gravity.. but whatever.. bein drunks kinda like bein on a boat.?

#1 Butt Wrastlin

Ingredients: 1 rope... about 10 feet in length.

so... two people face eachother, grasp the rope and wrap it around behind their butts. the rope should cross to the opposite hip of the opponents... in other words, the rope should make the shape of a Z. Once the butt rope is in position, the opponents proceed to maneuver the rope in such a way to cause the enemy to lose balance. Person who causes their opponent to lift a foot wins.

Game #2 Untitled.

Ingredients: 1 full size paper shopping bag that stands on its own.

Place the bag in the center of the circle. Players should each take a turn bending down to pick up the back with their teeth. sounds easy, right? WRONG. This must be done standing on one foot, without stumbling or tumbling.

Once you've gone around the whole circle, cut about 2 inches off the rim of the bag and repeat, in the same order... until no one can bend far enough to pick the back up!

Game #3 Spoon and Knife

Ingredients: 1 chocolate bar, 1 spoon, 1 table knife, a full winter outfit (winter coat, snowpants, scarf, mittens, hat, and any other fun accessories..) and a die.

Players sit in a circle, and begin taking turns rolling the die. Anyone who rolls snake eyes or double threes has to leap up and start putting EVERY garment of winter clothes on, while people continue to roll the die and pass them along.

The object of the game is to get ALL of the winter clothes on... mittens and everything.. and then using only the spoon and knife, open the chocolate bar. The winner is the person who manages to eat the last piece of chocolate.

So basically.. in order to TOUCH the chocolate, you must be wearing every article of clothes in the circle. If someone rolls a double 3 or snake eyes when you only have half the clothes on, you take them off and hand em over to that person.

SOOO fucking funny. best game ever.

Reactions: buffalobill

LovelyAcorns

Reaction score
Nobody suggested 1000 blank white cards? Damn.

http://www.trouserarousal.nu/cards/history.html

I guess it qualifies as a cooperative game, since winning is irrelevant.

I'm also tempted to get a copy of Paranoia. On the surface, obviously not remotely anarchist. But since the game parodies and mocks authority endlessly, it'd probably be fun to play with a group of radicals. Plus, one of the secret societies in it is the Wobblies!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads