Cool hang outs in new Orleans? (1 Viewer)

Muddy666

Lurker
Current Location
Chicago
I'll be in the city this coming up wedWednes for my first time. Where are some cool hang out/gathering spots I should check out when I get there?

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Current Location
if you have some extra money, try to go to this place called the butcher. its a deli and restaurant and it has the best turkey sandwiches ever. its a little more expencive, but im in love with the place. when i went to nola, a friend took me and paid for everything, so we did alot of the tourist trap stuff. theres a cool library/book store on Bourbon street and i saw a statue somewehre on the walk betwwn the bus/train station and canal street that you could literally sleep in. theres also a butterfly museum. (i was only there a day or two. mostly all i know about is that theres lots to drink. OH SHIT theres a place, i think its willy's chicken shack....get their suicde slushie. its so good. I had alot of fun with all the slushies.

yea like i said i didnt have to worry about paying for anything when i went. my friend felt bad for me, i had been stood up on a date, got fored, was just in a bad place and he paid for us to get train tickets, and two or three nights down there and he basicly guarded my drunk ass stumbling up and down the streets. GET THE SLUSHIE

OP
Muddy666

Muddy666

Lurker
Current Location
Chicago
if you have some extra money, try to go to this place called the butcher. its a deli and restaurant and it has the best turkey sandwiches ever. its a little more expencive, but im in love with the place. when i went to nola, a friend took me and paid for everything, so we did alot of the tourist trap stuff. theres a cool library/book store on Bourbon street and i saw a statue somewehre on the walk betwwn the bus/train station and canal street that you could literally sleep in. theres also a butterfly museum. (i was only there a day or two. mostly all i know about is that theres lots to drink. OH SHIT theres a place, i think its willy's chicken shack....get their suicde slushie. its so good. I had alot of fun with all the slushies.

yea like i said i didnt have to worry about paying for anything when i went. my friend felt bad for me, i had been stood up on a date, got fored, was just in a bad place and he paid for us to get train tickets, and two or three nights down there and he basicly guarded my drunk ass stumbling up and down the streets. GET THE SLUSHIE
Haha thanks for the suggestions

bushhippie

Previously crisywantstorunaway
Current Location
Haha thanks for the suggestions
i feel like i didnt see or do enough when i was there. i basicly was just drunk the whole time. i hope you meet more travlers than i did (i met none, because i hadnt even thought about traveling when i had the chance to go)

Geraldo

The Saltiest Mod
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater
Cheaper shit to do:

Capt Sal's Seafood on St. Claude (GET THE TURKEY NECK WITH THE CRAWFISH BOIL)
Queenie's daiquiris also on St. Claude
Quartermaster deli on Bourbon st
Clover Grill on Bourbon St.
Any and all hot sauce palace
Hanks chicken is now $1.50 for a two piece (Worth it) Also on St. Claude

All the oogles are outside of Checkpoint Charlies like always.

If you're not afraid of possibly getting a roofie colada then you can go Bourbon Surfing. It's fun and easy. You can up the difficulty level by trying to drink a drink while the drunk person is holding it. Goodluck.

OP
Muddy666

Muddy666

Lurker
Current Location
Chicago
Cheaper shit to do:

If you're not afraid of possibly getting a roofie colada then you can go Bourbon Surfing. It's fun and easy. You can up the difficulty level by trying to drink a drink while the drunk person is holding it. Goodluck.
Alright awesome I might check some of it out. Does anyone know of cool places to just sit and hang out?

Geraldo

The Saltiest Mod
Staff member
Current Location
Come Hell or Bywater
neutral grounds. You can people watch real easy. Honestly you can sit down on any sidewalk and people watch pretty easy. There's parks literally everywhere. French market place has places to sit and chill, end of the world is a cool spot. A lot of the levees have been turned into parks. City park is absolutely huge and fun to explore, there's the lafitte greenway, the Audubon park as well. Trust me, when you get here you'll realize just how easy it is to find a place and chill. Cops aren't strict about loitering and you can just buy a can of beer from a store, sit out in front, and make a dozen friends that way

Ezra Fyre

Lurker
Current Location
New Orleans
Cheaper shit to do:

Every stitch of this is True!
Unless sometimes the bit about Checks' & the Oogles.... it is still a true things, but I can totally absolutely, Absolutely, SWEAR!! Oogles are not hanging out infront Checkpoints "ALL the time!!" Nope absolutely, Not. Checkpoints staff is scary efficient at Oogle wrangling, have lots of practice. We gotta put up with them like everyone else, in the median, over there! Checks, a bar where the bartender's tolerance is directly proportional to hangover size, gotta love it.

Last edited:

Medic0307

Lurker
Current Location
Saint Paul minnesota
Market street power plant is a cool place to explore if you like abandoned buildings. There s also a skyscraper in the middle of downtown is abanonded. So the power plant I've taken photos and everything. The skyscraper I haven't. I would use caution with that place but I know people who have explored it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

croc wrote on bowldog's profile.
Love ur profile pic. She looks so sultry peeking thru the trees
dumpsternavel wrote on Rhubarb Dwyer's profile.
So clevar
The only good part about the ER is the BE that comes before-hand! :p
forgot how fast people'll throw the first blow in the street
got complacent having only sparred with friends recently.
was socked in the head,
only managed to block the second blow or so
before being knocked to the ground

(to be fair, knocking us off our feet isn't hard when we require a cane or smth to support ourselves most days)
Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.
Still....in Jax if any kids about
Stuck on paper in idaho, missing the woods and my DK fam
I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??