cooking with solar

K

Kim Chee

I deleted myself
When I was a youngin in 6th grade...about 35 whole years ago right after solar was invented, we were tasked as individual students to build a solar cooker.

It will work without a whole lot of sun, especially if it is on the large size.

What is bad about it is that it isn't very backpackable.

For $40, this is backpackable, works quickly and gets very hot:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solar-Evacu...461438?hash=item1a14f0977e:g:zNAAAOxyj4hTIJfe

IMG_2491.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
freegander
Current Location
last chance colorado
Website
shelivesinavan.com
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
yeah, i can't imagine trying to backpack with a pane of glass. hah.
i'm gonna try making one of these and if i like it enough i'll take it with me in my van.

Similar threads

Latest Status Updates

Looks like I should be hitting the road after the first of September. Will be nice to take time for myself finally.
yet another great sunrise at coney island in brooklyn, ny!
In Eugene... where can we meet people?
Good food , Good herb and a Comfortable Secure place to relax is how lazy starts. lol . Feeling Grateful. Status = Deep in thought!
Stuck in Michigan for the foreseeable future, my ol lady got herself busted by the pigs so I've got to stick around through court and whatever jail time she may get...need a good spange spot in Grand Rapids...can anyone point me in a direction?
At least southern ticks have the decency to be large and pluckable, unlike these wee Yankee cowards...
The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
-Paulo Coelho
Izy
Heading to Washington for work. Had a nice little time in Portland. Miss this girl , but she just wanna do her own thing.