Compactor question

M

Mady

I deleted myself
Now im not suggesting that I would ever commit such a terrible and illegal action as destroying a compactor, but if I wanted to go about doing something like that(which i don't of course) does anyone have any strategys for putting those lovely machines out of commission?

TBone

Pilgrim
Current Location
Chico
If the control buttons are on the out side smashing them or cutting the power to them with insulated bolt cutters or wire cutters would work.

speaking from experience... not mine of course... no nono, not me.... (ahem)

cut the hydraulic hoses. they are expensive and a bitch to replace.

and if it is stopped, go to the back and find the pins that unlock it. next time it's flipped on, trash explosion... out the back, no injuries, just a big ass mess.
check for big bro on the roof though, especially on second or third run.

ALL COMPACTORS MUST DIE!!!

OP
M

Mady

I deleted myself
Wow That certainly sounds like something those evil scoundrels who would consider committing such an injustice would say. I will sure look out for kids doing that to stop them!

OP
C

Cush

I deleted myself
the subtelty in this thread is A+. would read again.

wokofshame

Vagabond
Current Location
novosivirsk, russia
Website
www.weather.gov
Be VERY careful cutting hydraulics.
I've seen tractor hoses rupture and i've never had anybody I worked w/ injured, but the possibility is there.
Hydraulics are put under INTENSE pressure, that's how they can lift such heavy things, if you put a pinhole in one it will potentially squirt out hard enough to cut through flesh. If you don't wash out a wound with oil in it properly, the oil will cause gangrene to ensue in the wound.
I'm not making this shit up. Be very careful for your own good around hydraulics or there could be a dead punk by the back of the walmart.

OP
I

iago

I deleted myself
that shit sounds nasty (im glad noone would want to do that)

OP
F

FrumpyWatkins

I deleted myself
MURT wrote:
Be VERY careful cutting hydraulics.
I've seen tractor hoses rupture and i've never had anybody I worked w/ injured, but the possibility is there.
Hydraulics are put under INTENSE pressure, that's how they can lift such heavy things, if you put a pinhole in one it will potentially squirt out hard enough to cut through flesh. If you don't wash out a wound with oil in it properly, the oil will cause gangrene to ensue in the wound.
I'm not making this shit up. Be very careful for your own good around hydraulics or there could be a dead punk by the back of the walmart.
Tree branch pruner, you have about 12 ft of distance.

yep, long reach. thanks murt, that's why I said it shouldn't be running. it will still spray everywhere, but under much less pressure... i mean, so I hear. around... from other people....

skunkpit

crazy glue buttons or anything that seems needed and used.. just epoxy or crazy glue that shit..

doin it to locks too helps

rationally, it shows everyone how much resources is wasted by locking garbage up then having to unweld or cut locks apposed to just fuckin letting us have the "garbage" society wastes...

blackmatter

Lurker
very nice, "last night i was dumpstering some shit from the rei by where i live and they have like 5 or so dumpsters and one huge trash compactor and i found a nice rock climbing line threaded metal with some rubber thing around it and two clasps at the end real nice so i left it by the dumpster while i went in to go jack a sleeping bag (which never ended up happening) so frustrated i walked out because of the damn dude by the door and walked around to get my rope. it was gone sadly looked everywhere back in the dumpsters gone it was all good though im sure whoever found it will use enjoy its use for whatever. so i walk over to thebig trash compactor and i was sitting there thinking about just bringin a whole tool set and taking the whole thing apart some night"

Disclaimer: the story above is not of my doing for i would never commit such horrid acts and crimes against over production and wastefulness caused by the callous implementation of the economic system known as capitalism.

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Guy I met in jail offered a trailer to rent in the nation's #1 city for violent crime per capita.
Nothing sketchy about this.
I'm so excited!!! My first ever down sleeping bag is in the mail, it will be here Friday night!!! Getting rid of this huge bulky 0° synthetic crap will reduce the size f my pack 50%!!! Not to mention pounds... Now if I could only gtfo!!!
Looking to travel soon in about a month any suggestions??
Texas is full of things that can kill me and I don't think that's great.
NOT SO FAST on heading to Chicago. I can tell it's a rough place to start over. I applied for another job in Mpls, and see how that goes in 2 weeks. If they take their time, like I don't have my own, bye. But, I'm going to give them a chance.
cammyrose wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
You're hella cute 😍🖤
Does anyone els ever go threw life trials that cant be naglected and keep you from traveling? I keep getting so close to go then, BAM! another obligatory anchor...
IDoRails69 wrote on Travelerkid93's profile.
You ever find your road dawg? I just had mine bail on me before we even left and I'm still going, but I'm not really looking forward to being solo again. Did it before and it just kinda sucked. I can try to meet you wherever you'd want. I'm in the middle of illinois right now. Hmu if you're interested and we can chat and get to know each other before we decide if we should meet up.✌

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Icecoffee2