broken ribs

D

Deleted member 125

about a week ago i layed down buddys moped being drunk and stupid, strangely enough the head shop next door has a employee who is in nursing school. i know enough about going to the hospital for broken ribs because its a waste of time, but is there anything i can do to ease this pain it is absolutly killing me and due to having to walk strangely to not hurt my ribs anymore ive hurt my lower back and am now having back spasms that drop me right to the floor. any advice would be be great.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've broken more then a few,one time,crushed my chest,on Laurel st

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
the only thing I found that helped the pain when I broke my ribs, other than strong painkillers was a hot water bottle on the sore area. I had the water in it as hot as I could stand. I should think it'd help your back too.

hope you get well soon. ::nurse::

K

Kim Chee

Not much you can do for them except for what has already been said. Got painkillers? The pain will go away soon enough on its own anyway, hamg in there.

Old Gf propped her elbow up on my lower ribs gettin' comfortable down there and "click" busted that easily. Fortunately it wasn't too painful (lucky break)?

autumn

Lurker
Reaction score
Compression will offer temporary pain relief, but it'll take longer for the ribs to heal. If your ribs are actually broken you should go to a hospital, if the fracture is unstable it could puncture your lungs. Unlikely, but I wouldn't bet an hour of my time against it. Also, the hospital will have heat packs to give you, when I broke my rib under similar circumstances they were a fucking lifesaver.

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I broke my rib this winter climbing up under an icy bridge to sleep out a snow storm. Slipped and it hurt to breathe for a couple weeks.

You can get a plant called Kratom in place of pain pills. Its actually an opiate but perfectly legal because most people don't know it exists. It really helps with the pain and breathing with a side effect of a little euphoria ;]. It's kind of hard to find in stores, some headshops or herb shops will sell it. But you can always order it online as long as you aren't in Indiana or Wisconsin.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads