"Cody" townie in Montgomery, AL (1 Viewer)

M

muff cabbage

I deleted myself
Ran into this dude in the main square by the bus station. Tall, skinny black dude in the marines, 24 y/o. He is stalkery, extremely controlling, psychologically manipulative, and targets travelers. within 30 minutes of meeting this dude he ran a military background check on me. He offered me work painting houses but kept prolonging it.when I ditched him he followed me yelling down the street, called the cops on me n was threatening to press charges just for trying to get away from him. I mean shit idk whyd you go to Montgomery in the first place, but if you find yourself there, AVOID THIS DUDE. He targets travelers n is fucking nuts.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

NapalmBreath

Pilgrim
Current Location
Eugene
how within 30 minutes of meeting this guy did he manage to run a military back ground check on you? doesnt that take time and a social security number? but dude sounds nuts for sure.
There are sites meant for use by private investigators where you can look up someone by name and general location and find out their SSN, any past known phone number or address and other info. Kevin Mitnick writes about this in his book The Art of Invisibility.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
There are sites meant for use by private investigators where you can look up someone by name and general location and find out their SSN, any past known phone number or address and other info. Kevin Mitnick writes about this in his book The Art of Invisibility.
yes, but i do find it hard to believe that he had access to such a thing.

OP
M

muff cabbage

I deleted myself
how within 30 minutes of meeting this guy did he manage to run a military back ground check on you? doesnt that take time and a social security number? but dude sounds nuts for sure.
He knew my name and hometown. Started asking me if i knew certain people from my hometown n i asked why. Then he said it was because he called his base for a bg check which he pulled up on his phone. Said he was a seargant. Gave me his mos n all that. Sounds like a complete misuse of that technology... you can't just fuck with random civilians like that

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 20975

I deleted myself
So what kind of info did that bring up? Like anything the cops would have or even more perhaps? Thats pretty fucked up. Id say thats probably a huge misuse of his privelages nevermind technology. Im not a lawyer but id say thats crossing some boundaries. Id anonymously call the fbi on the motherfucker. For real. I wouldnt get involved directly because the system is corrupt so im sure alot of scumbags with power would have his back but maybe this particular individual should have less authority. Be carefull who you entrust any personal info too i guess. Im gonna seriously go by my travel names after hearing this. Fuck.

benton

Current Location
Little Rock, United States
yet another reason to refuse to answer random stranger's questions!

it seems like almost everyone who approaches me is trying to get something so I don't feel bad when I refuse to engage or ask them questions in response.

solvablejunk

Lurker
Current Location
Ft Collins, CO
yet another reason to refuse to answer random stranger's questions!

it seems like almost everyone who approaches me is trying to get something so I don't feel bad when I refuse to engage or ask them questions in response.
What it is these days, that's all ive been seeming to run into. I'm trying to manifest good things about but fuck. Ruining my mojo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dumpsternavel Missed Connections 1
wandercrusty Obituaries 4
codyvega Introductions 5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Have settled on a date to hit the road. Got a gig wrapping up the third week of September, after that I'm gone gone gone.
Need ride to from East Cincinnati to Miami florida to be with a long lost friend of mine ..I can provide my own food and expenses.she is gonna help me get on my feet and provide emotional support .
Hiking 9 miles in 100 degree heat after being sedentary for some time was probably not the best idea.
Finally out n about, heading to London, OH
Thanks to otch0z and Sam for kicking back and keeping is sane in the homestead, hope you had a wicked time!
If for some dumb reason you're in bemidji Minnesota, come see me perform at the hard times! Playing folky stuff with an old road dog
nastynaty wrote on Honey Crust's profile.
Please finish your hitch hiking story... Or just tell us youre alive!!
i've been a waterworld nomad so i don't have to walk.
Jax Katz wrote on Cornelius Vango's profile.
Greetings from a Florida forest dweller !

Staff online