"Cody" townie in Montgomery, AL

Current Location
know where
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Ran into this dude in the main square by the bus station. Tall, skinny black dude in the marines, 24 y/o. He is stalkery, extremely controlling, psychologically manipulative, and targets travelers. within 30 minutes of meeting this dude he ran a military background check on me. He offered me work painting houses but kept prolonging it.when I ditched him he followed me yelling down the street, called the cops on me n was threatening to press charges just for trying to get away from him. I mean shit idk whyd you go to Montgomery in the first place, but if you find yourself there, AVOID THIS DUDE. He targets travelers n is fucking nuts.

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
how within 30 minutes of meeting this guy did he manage to run a military back ground check on you? doesnt that take time and a social security number? but dude sounds nuts for sure.

Current Location
Eugene
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
how within 30 minutes of meeting this guy did he manage to run a military back ground check on you? doesnt that take time and a social security number? but dude sounds nuts for sure.
There are sites meant for use by private investigators where you can look up someone by name and general location and find out their SSN, any past known phone number or address and other info. Kevin Mitnick writes about this in his book The Art of Invisibility.

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
There are sites meant for use by private investigators where you can look up someone by name and general location and find out their SSN, any past known phone number or address and other info. Kevin Mitnick writes about this in his book The Art of Invisibility.
yes, but i do find it hard to believe that he had access to such a thing.

Human

Wayfarer
Current Location
Asheville, NC
Reactions
96% 4% 1%
I'd go to Montgomery to drink with Hank again..

OP
OP
muff cabbage
Current Location
know where
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
He knew my name and hometown. Started asking me if i knew certain people from my hometown n i asked why. Then he said it was because he called his base for a bg check which he pulled up on his phone. Said he was a seargant. Gave me his mos n all that. Sounds like a complete misuse of that technology... you can't just fuck with random civilians like that

Last edited:

NotmybestNotmyworst

Wanderer
StP Supporter
Current Location
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
So what kind of info did that bring up? Like anything the cops would have or even more perhaps? Thats pretty fucked up. Id say thats probably a huge misuse of his privelages nevermind technology. Im not a lawyer but id say thats crossing some boundaries. Id anonymously call the fbi on the motherfucker. For real. I wouldnt get involved directly because the system is corrupt so im sure alot of scumbags with power would have his back but maybe this particular individual should have less authority. Be carefull who you entrust any personal info too i guess. Im gonna seriously go by my travel names after hearing this. Fuck.

Current Location
Little Rock, United States
Reactions
95% 3% 2%
yet another reason to refuse to answer random stranger's questions!

it seems like almost everyone who approaches me is trying to get something so I don't feel bad when I refuse to engage or ask them questions in response.

Current Location
Ft Collins, CO
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
yet another reason to refuse to answer random stranger's questions!

it seems like almost everyone who approaches me is trying to get something so I don't feel bad when I refuse to engage or ask them questions in response.
What it is these days, that's all ive been seeming to run into. I'm trying to manifest good things about but fuck. Ruining my mojo

Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjostravels.weebly.com
Reactions
90% 3% 6%
I want to know what the police were like when he called them and tried to press charges on you just for walking away from him. Last time I checked, the police arrested people from making bogus calls like that.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dumpsternavel Missed Connections 0
wandercrusty Obituaries 4
codyvega Introductions 5