Video - Clown 2014 (Full Movie) | Squat the Planet

Video Clown 2014 (Full Movie)

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
First feature film I ever worked on back in 2012, found its way online. If your into killer clowns this ones for you. Its not so much a written story as one of them moving pictures; but its got clowns eating kids and gore, what more does one need.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Ha - I have a bunch of friends on the internet scattered between website and forums and such and it is unbelievable how many are NON-CLOWNS! Lol - notta picture, vid, sound ... and while you are at it, keep those "friendly" McD clowns or any of the old BOZO's at bay.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
just out of curiosity, how did you get involved in this film? i'm really into movie making.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
just out of curiosity, how did you get involved in this film? i'm really into movie making.

Well the short version... Back in 2011 my girlfriend was working as a production coordinator in the office for a shitty lifetime tv movie. I being a bum had nothing to do, so I went to visit her for lunch one day. While there - by some total fluke - someone on set was sick and they couldn't find anyone to come in, so they took me as a last resort. I worked my ass of for three days and managed to get work as a daily on the next shity tv movie they did.
From there I got offered more work and I built a rep with some of the crews and ended up getting on more and more shows/movies.
The days can be long but the pay is great, you get fed all day, and jobs are like 3 weeks for the shity tv movies and up to a few months for the bigger movies/shows. Then your off for 2-3 months until the next offer comes. It works well with my wandering lifestyle.
Clown was a 5 week shoot and I was pulling in 300 a day 5 days a week. So not having to spend money on food for 5 weeks plus make bank paid my freedom for a good while afterwards.

Do you want to get into the biz? what kind of work would you want to do?

Tude

Reaction score
heh - I've fallen into a couple of musical videos here in town. I played a creepy goth sort who liked to lick the walls (yep) in a weird ass music vid X 2. Filmed in the basement of an old armory downtown here. Interestingly is that I never saw or found any info on where I could see it at least. Or maybe someone has some video of me (and several other people) licking walls as a fetish. ? Weird ass people if they are. >.<

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Do you want to get into the biz? what kind of work would you want to do?

id be down to do anything on set really. from a PA to whatever. especially if i got paid like that :)

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
id be down to do anything on set really. from a PA to whatever. especially if i got paid like that :)

lol that's not even a good rate, I've been paid 400 a day on some of the bigger ones, and that's not even union shit. If I ever decide to settle down, move to Toronto and join NABET or IATSI Id be balling...but not quite there.

Man the trick would be to find a few production companies in your town. NOLA is actually a big movie town due to the tax credits, so you should have lots to chose from. If you offer to work one gig for free, or cheap, but free works well in the film industry) that can be your in. The trick would be to avoid being a PA, its kind of a go nowhere position, but then again if its your foot in the door that's a different story I guess.

If you can drive I'd try to work in Transport or Unit, you dont really need set experience to get those jobs, so its a good place to start. but being a grip or electric is where its at from where I stand. can be demanding, but both departments are pretty creative jobs. Camera department is much harder to get into without experience or a solid connection. And of course there is always the craft department which does all the food, if you like making food that may be a possibility also.

But really man if your willing to work for next to nothing at the start you can get your foot in the door, and go from there.

The thing with film is you never know when your next gig may come, so you may get a sweet movie and make bank, then not work for 6 months or ever...but if you have your own shit on the side and take the odd movie or show here and there, your flying.

• Useful
Reactions: MolotovMocktail

Tude

Reaction score
There has been a few major films had some different parts of their productions filmed here. Recently was a Spiderman movie. What was cool was that the opening and some of the opening trailer was filmed out in front of the building I work at. Pretty cool to see AND HEAR the (fake) NYC police cars (they were all stacked under a bridge) get creamed all day - and with a spiderman guy on top. Interesting too is that I had to walk through the sets (unless they were really strict and then I tossed a hissy about not getting from point A to point B because of a movie). They ate WELL! Oh man the spread that was laid out - had their own dessert truck! Nearly a half block of tents set up everyday that supplied lunches of wraps, at least 3 huge watermelons sliced up and so much more and tables of cookies!. hehe I know my local homebums and I talked with them, some ate quite well and will always remember Spiderman ...

Reactions: MolotovMocktail

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads