Christmas in NOLA and nosy reporters

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
So after mulling about the east cost doing a little csx/fec tour ive finally made it to nola for xmas like I told my step daughter I would ive finally setteled in finishing the first leg of my new journey. Since nola is my home base within three days I was offered work for the new years, super bowl/mardi gras season. One thing I love about my home base is I always get work and never have to squat. Anyway my first day of working was last night but since nopd was giving everyone a free pass to fly right before xmas and during xmas day I decided to make the best of it and hit my fav corner I always hit when im in town. On xmas im doing my thing and a photographer for the times picayune decides my sign was just the right one he had been loo,ing for his piece he was writing. After making a u-turn he pulls over and asks if he can take a few pictures, I say well that depends, im really thirsty lol. He procedes to tell me he dosent usually do this and than puts a crisp ten in my hand, I agree and go back to flying, he takes a couple 50 shots and I switch off with my road dog, he tells me my pictures will be on nola.om later that night and in a article the next day (thats how I got my spiffy new profile pic). He than proceeds to ask me how and why I travel, I tell him I prefer to hop freight 90% of the time because I would much wait on a train than get pic,ed up y random people hitch hiking, I also tell him I travel because I still havent found that perfect place for me yet and ill never settle down until I find it. A honest and righteous reason as any in my book. Than ne starts poking around my brain for train knowldge saying he has always wanted to do a piece on the trials and tribulations of the modern hobo. But the catch is becauseof ethical reasons he couldent go into a yard tresspassing, I could kind of see wherethis was going and it seemed ne wanted me to bring a 35mm disposable camera or something of the sort and get into the yard and doccument the process first hand through pictures and than my words. Even though tempting as it was, and I definetely have made bim pay me for my time once again I decide that I just cannot blow up the spot for all us other hobos, granted plenty have already but I dont want to put my face out there in a yard especially my home base yard or be responsible for fucking up anyones future hop. I told him look man I appreciate the offer but im a hobo and to me that means im all about Helping Other Brothers Out, and doing that would be doing exactly the opposite. After saying goodbye I pointed him to the I-10 overpass where a kickass xmas feeding was starting and that would probally make a better story anyway. Im glad this xmas beat the last, after I folded up my sign I headed to get my poison of choice thanking him in my head ass I passed off that nice crisp ten. My city always takes care of me when im here, thats why I always keep comming back. I thought thiswould make a neat little story for general banter, ive never been the one to blow up the spot, im sure he will get gis story one day from some oogle that thinks its cool to show the in and outs of a already hot yard, but it sure aint gonna be me :). I hope everyones xmas was exactly what they hoped it would be. Merry late zombie jeasus day stp! Now its time to sleep.

Nomadfrom82

Reaction score
Hey I already let him take picturez lol any furthur I would have threw myself and others under the bus. I did of course give him bogus personal info...
Def not gettin my street name either

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads