Cheapest Bars In America

T

tennesseejed

I'm wondering what some of the cheapest bars in the country are. When traveling I usually hit the liquor/beer store and find a nice quiet place to duck out and drink, because it's more cost effective than bar drinking, and it's quiet.

But every so often I'll hit the bars when I'm feeling social. Where's the cheap bars and drink specials?! (Also I'm mostly referring to draft beers in specific.)

Thanks in advance.

-TJ

• Sad
Reactions: Testicool

pakratpatthemule

Previously packmuler
Reaction score
If you're ever around Oakland, CA, The Legionnaire Saloon uptown on Telegraph, between West Grand and 23rd St. Uptown consistently had dollar pints on Sundays with a really nice selection of heavy higher volume beers, but the price raises by a dollar every 30 minutes which can turn into kind of a drinking game if you're trying to get drunk.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I believe that the Yamhill pub in Portland, OR has $3 pitchers of PBR and is always full of travelers.

Toby amd Jack's in Arcata, CA is super friendly to travelers and has cheap beer.

Corey's in Bend,OR pours super strong drinks and is a great bar.

The list goes on and on.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
the only business still alive in bombay beach, california (near niland and slab city) is a bar and if i remember correctly the well shots were like $1.50.

Reactions: marmar

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
last when i was in las vegas, there were a couple gay bars that had "underwear night" and if you showed up in just underwear you get free drinks supposedly (i never went). don't get much cheaper than that and you'll probably get some free feels too!! win win

• Haha
Reactions: Testicool
G

Grubblin

I can't tell you of any specific bars but try bars in college towns. There are usually one or two bars in every major college town that will have penny or nickel pitcher night. It's just like what it sounds, a smallish pitcher of beer (usually Natty lite) for a nickel or a penny. From what I've seen these specials are usually Wednesday or Thursday nights but every place is different.

A

AlwaysLost

I'm wondering what some of the cheapest bars in the country are. When traveling I usually hit the liquor/beer store and find a nice quiet place to duck out and drink, because it's more cost effective than bar drinking, and it's quiet.

But every so often I'll hit the bars when I'm feeling social. Where's the cheap bars and drink specials?! (Also I'm mostly referring to draft beers in specific.)

Thanks in advance.

-TJ

Pittsburgh Kansas had 3.50 pitchers me and 2 buddies finished 14 pitchere of beer. That was a fun night.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads