hey hey i finally made an account be my friend | Squat the Planet

hey hey i finally made an account be my friend

lashes

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
hey guys! i'm from toronto and have been housed up here for almost a year now. i've been creepin on this website for a while now but i'm back on the road again tomorrow and decided it would probably prove useful to make an account. i've hitched across canada a couple times now and a little down the east coast of the states once but this year i would like to explore a lot more of the states if i can get a passport or find a way to sneak across the border haha. i'm decently experienced with hitchhiking but i've always wanted to try train hopping i'm just way too clumsy and i don't know enough to try it by myself. im hoping to learn some cool things from this website, looking forward to hearing from yallz.
also if anybody is around bc or alberta within a week or two lets drink a beer or ten!
-L

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Nice intro! Welcome aboard. I have a great friend who lives in Toronto (she lives in the entertainment district - had tons of fun there!)- I visited her many times - love Toronto. But since passport became necessary I haven't been back there. Passport is definitely on my "bucket list". Toronto is one of the few places my Megabus goes too - wish it went more out west or south from my upstate NY location.

sofarfromhome

Reaction score
Nice intro! Welcome aboard. I have a great friend who lives in Toronto (she lives in the entertainment district - had tons of fun there!)- I visited her many times - love Toronto. But since passport became necessary I haven't been back there. Passport is definitely on my "bucket list". Toronto is one of the few places my Megabus goes too - wish it went more out west or south from my upstate NY location.
So what's the deal with megabus? I find it hard to believe that it goes faster than the Amtrak AND costs so much less!

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
@sofarfromhome - yeah I know - just wish it had a bigger route too. Last time I took Amtrak was awful. Parents think that it is an enclosed safe capsule and let their kids run free - and we basically stutter stepped from freaking Syracuse to Rochester - coming to full stops for 15 minutes or more at a time --- and waited till the train came from the opposite direction passed us, while the darn kids raised havoc. And it was not cheap. Brought my own booze so that made me happier. hehe

Reactions: sofarfromhome

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
hell yeah, welcome to the site! if you have any questions or need advice let us know!

sofarfromhome

Reaction score
@sofarfromhome - yeah I know - just wish it had a bigger route too. Last time I took Amtrak was awful. Parents think that it is an enclosed safe capsule and let their kids run free - and we basically stutter stepped from freaking Syracuse to Rochester - coming to full stops for 15 minutes or more at a time --- and waited till the train came from the opposite direction passed us, while the darn kids raised havoc. And it was not cheap. Brought my own booze so that made me happier. hehe
Yeah I decided against Amtrak, I bought my greyhound ticket to San Francisco last night and I leave august 11th, im gonna go squatting/hostel hopping up the west coast. I'm so excited :)
Also, greyhound was cheaper anyways.
And having your own booze is always a good thing!!

Cerely

Reaction score
hey guys! i'm from toronto and have been housed up here for almost a year now. i've been creepin on this website for a while now but i'm back on the road again tomorrow and decided it would probably prove useful to make an account. i've hitched across canada a couple times now and a little down the east coast of the states once but this year i would like to explore a lot more of the states if i can get a passport or find a way to sneak across the border haha. i'm decently experienced with hitchhiking but i've always wanted to try train hopping i'm just way too clumsy and i don't know enough to try it by myself. im hoping to learn some cool things from this website, looking forward to hearing from yallz.
also if anybody is around bc or alberta within a week or two lets drink a beer or ten!
-L

Hey! I'm in Mexico right now but from Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm hoping to travel sometime next spring/summer starting in SK/AB region...I've liked Toronto when I've visited. I really want to try train hopping too.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads