catching out | Squat the Planet

catching out

Molly Mason

Reaction score
looking for someone to travel with by train to seattle at the end of march ish. im from PA and can taske care of food plus i can busk for other necessities if need be but am more interested in having someone to have my back while hopping trains during the warm months so if anyone can help let me know.

DrRabbit

Reaction score
I'm in Stl and I may be free during that time if you're swinging near here, I've never caught out before but have been wanting to for a long while, I'm not afraid of getting cold, dirty or hungry, I've backpacked some good miles in the backcountry. If you're willing to take a newbie under your wing I'll watch your back for you and would be willing to provide additional food. It all depends if I can afford the time. Good Luck!

Molly Mason

Reaction score
food is really not a prob im only looking for maybe 1 other person to ride along with and i can support the food for the both of us. i spent last summer catching out in PA to OKC in a 21hr stretch but this year im looking to get along alittle further throught the country and i know a few people in northern cali and seattle and im hoping by mid to late summer to cross the border into canada for the winter and learn some of those rail systems as i know a few people up there to stop in patch up and re up on supplies shower rest etc.. preferably im looking for a partner who has musical abilities/and somewhat familiar with how the rail system works to help out busking in towns for extra goodies and navigation awareness, but really not necessary. just someone who has the guts to actually travel for a good amount of time is more than enough.

DrRabbit

Reaction score
Well, I've been playing the guitar for 12 years and can work my way around pretty much anything with a set of strings, I can keep a rhythm and improvise. I've just never traveled long distance before on a train, I've hopped a train but the most I've ridden is about a couple miles on some slow rollers then just hiked back. But like I said this would be a whole new experience for me, I know shit all about the navigation of train routes but that's why I'd want do this, so I can learn that stuff and be able to ride by myself when I need to. If you don't feel comfortable rolling with someone inexperienced I'd understand. I really don't have anything serious holding me down at the moment though and the wanderlust is calling me.

Reactions: murdermittenkid

Molly Mason

Reaction score
nah man its cool. im not an expert on the subject myself. any company is really good company and as far as anything past the midwest will be new to me as well. i only know the one stratech from pa to okc as well as some of the local routes here in pa and pa to jersey but those short routes i dont feel account for anything. i mean if youre willing to be an extra set of knowledge thats good enough and like i said i can cover the food expense for the both of us as long as you can manage to keep your food budget to yourself under $100 i got you. so we def wont starve but busking will help to get smokes and other supplies we might need along the way. again if youre interested yeah totally lets do it and like i said when we hit the west coast i know a few spots to get out of the elements and recharge. i guess if youre down the next step is to find a way to meetup nearing the time when we do this. im currently in the "passport process" for my journey into canada so thats why i cant just up and take off at this very moment but as soon as that comes through im ready to go which should be about the end of march.

DrRabbit

Reaction score
Seem's cool to me, I've got a couple of things I would need to figure out between then and now but shoot me a pm and we can talk it over some more.

trick

Reaction score
I'm in NY and seriously needing to get the fuck out of here not trying to leave til it gets warm also trying to save up for trvel gear i've never hopped on freight but its something ive been wanting to do since i moved back east did some hitch hiking and shit from sf to olympia a few years back and i dont have a problem with gettin dirty sleepin outside etc

Molly Mason

Reaction score
well theres really no reason it shouldnt work i mean hell i do it by myself. anyone else would just kinda help the situation really. as far as meeting people online...yeah its sketchy shit but at the same time ...im not a chick..im not meeting up with a chick...and we as far as i know all have one major goal for these warmer months so it seems. so if anyone on heres intentions are anything other than just getting the fuck out of the shithole they seem to be living in and go for adventures and find ways to keep the adventure rolling from place to place while having some fun in each place well im most likely not the person you wanna travel with. im def the kind of person that will have your back on a journey but mind you at the same time i do have my own specific goal as im sure you all do at the end of all this. however it would be nice to meet new people make some new friends and have some cool stories to talk about cuz i sure as hell am not going to let these warm months go to waste and im milking them for what theyre worth whether i get to travel with a buddy or go it alone. and btw im not 100% on this but i might not be heading straight to the west coast fist i might catchout and make it to fla first i have a friend down there who will give me a place to transition from but there is something down there i found when i lived there that has apparently resurfaced and im dead set on getting my hands on again as it is a promoter for inspiration and well worth the time spent trying to come up with it.

Reaction score
well theres really no reason it shouldnt work i mean hell i do it by myself. anyone else would just kinda help the situation really. as far as meeting people online...yeah its sketchy shit but at the same time ...im not a chick..im not meeting up with a chick...and we as far as i know all have one major goal for these warmer months so it seems. so if anyone on heres intentions are anything other than just getting the fuck out of the shithole they seem to be living in and go for adventures and find ways to keep the adventure rolling from place to place while having some fun in each place well im most likely not the person you wanna travel with. im def the kind of person that will have your back on a journey but mind you at the same time i do have my own specific goal as im sure you all do at the end of all this. however it would be nice to meet new people make some new friends and have some cool stories to talk about cuz i sure as hell am not going to let these warm months go to waste and im milking them for what theyre worth whether i get to travel with a buddy or go it alone. and btw im not 100% on this but i might not be heading straight to the west coast fist i might catchout and make it to fla first i have a friend down there who will give me a place to transition from but there is something down there i found when i lived there that has apparently resurfaced and im dead set on getting my hands on again as it is a promoter for inspiration and well worth the time spent trying to come up with it.

hey have u gone yet? because im itchin for a travel buddy as well

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads