Catching on the fly!!!! Pure adrenaline (1 Viewer)

Current Location
Pensacola FL
About a week ago I caught out.of new Orleans east gentilly area. It's my.hometown and i came from the West coast mainly to get my i.d. see my daughter and work. I was at an area right outside the yard that the train.may stop or at least slow.down on its way east
I have caught out to Atlanta from new Orleans several times and have gotten extremely lucky that they stopped at this particular spot. Well the night I went to the hop out nothing stopped and I was forced.to stay.one.more day in new Orleans. I was beginning to get aggravated and annoyed because I was barely.making $5 flying a sign and I just wanted to hurry up get my.phone paid and get.to mobile AL to see my daughter . So night two train didn't stop but was slower than night before. This speed was definitely faster speed than I ever caught.on fly but I counted bolts fairly OK. So I stop thinking .take off running. Throw my pack on grainer. Grab ladder.bounce.bounce.grab and finally able to pull myself up.. alive and going east. Adrenaline overload and was awarded the beat view of the gulf.coast as I went over the lake pontratrain at sunrise headed to mobile with a smile on my face.only I knew it was a close one.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!

Brodiesel710

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Winnemucca, NV
Not sure if your aware but train ops have changed quite a bit between New Orleans and Pensacola/Florida panhandle. CSX sold off their line between Pensacola to Baldwin so that pair of manifests that used to run daily between Waycross, GA and NOLA is no longer.

OP
Wanderingwolf5150
Current Location
Pensacola FL
What's the probability of catching a Nola bound but I was thinking since mobile messed up when I get back on rails I'd take greydog to mobile and Megabus to Nola and hop out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!

Staff online

Members online